- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
Why Restore Disk?
A backup image is meaningful only if you restore it. When we backup disk that contains operating system, installed software, games, and applications as well as created personal files, we were thinking once the hard drive corrupts or damages, there is something we can do to remedy. In general, we need to do disk restore in following situations:
Your system files have been damaged by virus and you cannot boot normally.
Your current hard drive is about to die and you want to replace it.
Your current hard drive is too small to meet your demands and you want to change to a bigger one.
Your partition on the hard disk lost and you want to recover them.
You want to replace hard drive with SSD and benefit from new technology.
All these situations are based on one thought: you don’t want to reinstall everything. As long as you have a backup image of the hard drive, you can realize above goals. Now, let’s get to know how to restore disk image. Download, install and launch this software.
Disk Restore in AOMEI Backupper
1. Connect the disk backup image to your computer and make sure it can be detected. In the left tab page, select Restore and from the list box choose the backup that you want to restore. Click Next to continue. If the image does not been detected, click Path to navigate manually.
2. Select a point-in-time and click the Next button. The Backup type and Created time helps determine the appropriate point in time.
3. Here is the information about the disk image. You can click "Disk" to restore the entire backup image, or click "Part" to restore only one or two partitions in the image.
Note: The destination partition will be overwritten. Please backup files you care most in advance.
5. Now, enter the "Operation Summary" page to preview the restore operation to be executed. Click Start Restore after your confirmation.
For greater detail, with screenshots, see: Disk Recovery with AOMEI Backupper.
*If you backup disk in incremental backup, please prepare the full backup and all related incremental images; If you backup disk in differential, please prepare the full backup and the latest differential image; If you just backup the disk for once, only full backup is enough.
*If you regularly back up your disks, each backup will generate an image at a given time, so there may be multiple time points to choose from.
*The destination disk/partition will be totally overwritten. If the destination contains any essential data, it should first be copied to another location.
*If any applications are running on the destination partition/disk, AOMEI Backupper will require that you restart computer and will execute the restore operation in "Restart Mode".
By the way, AOMEI Backupper Professional and higher versions support restore backup image to dissimilar hardware. That is to say, you can restore the disk image of one computer to the other computer with the help of this software. For detailed steps on dissimilar hardware restore, please turn to OS migration to dissimilar hardware. This software also allows you to restore system image, partition image and file image. Selective file restore can help restore particular files in the image instead of the entire image.