- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
AOMEI Backupper provides the feature to clone a single partition rather than the whole disk. For example, the (C:) drive could be cloned to (D:), or (E:) could be cloned to another disk.
To clone Partition or Volume:
- In the left Tab page, select the Clone option, and then select Partition Clone.
- Select a partition or volume you want to clone as source partition and click Next.
- Select an appropriate unallocated space or an existing partition as destination partition, and click Next.
Preview the information of your source and destination disk. In the wizard page, set desired advanced settings as follows:
a. Edit the size of partition.Enables a drive letter to be assigned and set primary/logical to the partition. The graphical Partition Bar can be dragged and moved to change the size or location of the partition.
b. Sector by sector clone. Copies all sectors of the drive to the destination disk whether in use or not. The destination drive size must be equal to or larger than the source drive.
c. Align partition to optimize for SSD. If the destination disk is an SSD then it is recommended this option is selected to optimize SSD performance.
For more detail, see: How to Do Partition/Volume Clone.
- A partition clone can take several hours depending on the size of the source partitions.
- The source partition cannot be selected as a destination partition.
- Any important data contained on the destination drive must be backed up first before the cloning operation begins as the data will be lost.
- If the destination drive is locked by other programs and/or applications, then Backupper will request the computer is restarted to execute the disk clone operation in "Restart Mode".
- For encrypted partition or non-NTFS/FAT32 partition, Backupper will use sector by sector clone way by default.
- Partition Clone only can clone dynamic volume from dynamic disk to a basic disk.