- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
What Is Disk Backup?
Disk Backup is to back up all partitions on specific disk you select to an image file, including all partitions or volumes on this disk, as well as system partitions. That means if you back up a system disk via Disk Backup, after restoring it, system can boot normally. Disk Backup is different from system backup; system backup back up partitions related to system to boot only, such as boot partition, system reserved partition, etc.
How to Use AOMEI Backupper for Disk Backup?
AOMEI Backupper, the all-around disk backup software, can back up MBR disks, GPT disks, external hard drives, USB disks, and other storage devices. You can do free disk backup with the free version of AOMEI Backupper - AOMEI Backupper Standard. Learn detailed steps below. Before the start, download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper.
To back up disk:
- In the left tab page, select Backup and then select Disk Backup.
- You can name it for "Task Name" box to help you distinguish it from other backups.
- Click Step 1 button. In the popup window, select source disks that you want to back up and you can add several disks to be backed up via Disk Backup each time.
- Click Step 2 to select a destination path to store image file.
- Click the Start Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
For more detailed info about how Disk Backup works, please refer to : Disk backup.
- More advanced options for current backup task, please refer to : Backup Options, Schedule Backup and Backup Scheme.
- When performing Disk Backup, AOMEI Backupper allows you to back up several disks each time, so you need to confirm destination must have sufficient space to contain data on these disks. Backing up disks with a large amount of data may take long time to complete and When restoring this image, you need to restore these disks one by one.
- For dynamic disk, Disk backup is not supported in all versions and if you want to back up it, please use System Backup or Partition Backup.