- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
What Is Disk Backup?
Disk Backup is to back up all partitions including the system partition and boot partition on the specific disk you select to an image file. That means if you back up a system disk via Disk Backup, after restoring it, the system can boot normally. However, Disk Backup is different from System Backup, because System Backup backs up partitions related to the system only (system partition, system reserved partition, etc).
How to Use AOMEI Backupper for Disk Backup?
AOMEI Backupper, the all-around disk backup software, can back up MBR disks, GPT disks, external hard drives, USB disks, and other storage devices. For regular backup, it provides users with the function of incremental and differential backup so as to improve the backup efficiency and save the storage space required by the image file.
You can do free disk backup with the free version of AOMEI Backupper - AOMEI Backupper Standard. Learn the detailed steps below. Before starting the operation, download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper.
To back up disk:
- In the left tab page, select Backup and then select Disk Backup.
- You can name it for "Task Name" box to help you distinguish it from other backups.
- Click the Step 1 button, in the popup window, select source disks that you want to back up and you can add several disks to be backed up via Disk Backup each time.
- Click Step 2 to select a destination path to store the image file.
- Click the Start Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
For more detailed info about how Disk Backup works, please refer to Disk backup.
- More advanced options for the current backup task, please refer to Backup Options, Schedule Backup, and Backup Scheme.
- When performing Disk Backup, AOMEI Backupper allows you to back up several disks each time, so you need to confirm that the destination must have sufficient space to contain the image file of all these disks. When performing the restore, you need to restore the corresponding disks one by one. Please note the more data to be backed up, the more time it will take.
For dynamic disk, Disk Backup is not supported in all versions and if you want to back up it, please use System Backup or Partition Backup.
AOMEI Backupper Standard version does not support any operations for the dynamic disk.
For encrypted disks, Backupper uses sector by sector way to back up the disk by default.
If there are non-NTFS or FAT32 partition on the disk, Backupper uses sector by sector way to back up the partition.
Backupper currently doesn't support backing up the disk with 4096 bytes/sector. But, you can save the image file to 4096 bytes/sector disk.