- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
Partition Backup in AOMEI Backupper enables you to back up partitions you select, and you can select D:drive, E:drive, F:drive to be backed up,etc. If you want to back up particular partitions and volumes rather than entire disk, then this feature is the best choice.
How to Back up Partition and Volume?
- In the left tab item, select Backup and then select Partition Backup.
- You can name it for Task Name in the box to help you distinguish it from other backups.
- Click Step1. in the popup window, select partitions or volumes that need to be backed up. For Partition Backup, you can add several partitions or volumes to be backed up. But when you need to restore image file, you need to select the specific partition to perform restore one by one.
- Click Step2 to select a destination path to save the backup.
Click Start Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
For more detailed info about how Partition Backup works, please refer to How to Backup Partition/Volume. And if you want to back up partitions or volumes on a regular basis, please refer to how to schedule backup.
- For more advanced options, please refer to Backup Options, Schedule Backup, and Backup Scheme.
For Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, ReFS, exFAT, and other non-Windows file systems, AOMEI Backupper will back up them via sector-by-sector mode.
If you want to restore partition or volume backup image in the future, refer to partition volume restore wizard.
You can back up C: drive via Partition Backup but we suggest you backup it via System Backup. If you back up C: drive via Partition Backup, the system may not boot after doing the restore.
AOMEI Backupper Standard version does not support performing any operations for a dynamic disk.
Partition Backup image file created by the dynamic disk can be recovered to the original location, other volumes on the dynamic disk or a basic disk.
Backupper allows several partitions to be backed up/restore at a time.