- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
In this article, you will learn how to back up files and folders with the File Backup of AOMEI Backupper. This function can help you back up files and folders to an image file so that you can have a copy for your important files and folders.
Here are the detailed steps about how to back up files/folders:
In the left tab page, select Backup and then select File Backup.
- You can name it for "Task Name" box to help you distinguish it from other backups.
- In the Setp1, click “Add File" or“Add Folder" so you can select files/folders you want to back up.
- Then click Step2 to select location as the destination path to store the image file. If available, select a destination storage medium that is different from the source medium which contains original files so that it can ensure that you can restore your files/folders if your source storage medium cannot be used anymore.
- Finally, click the Start Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
The paid version of Aomei Backupper can help you back up files with file extension. When you add folders, you can open the Filter settings so that you can set up file inclusion/exclusion mask.
For more detailed info about how File Backup works, please refer to How to Do Files and Folders Backup.
- For more advanced options of the current backup task, please refer to Backup Options, Schedule Backup and Backup Scheme.
- After clicking“Add Folder" you can configure file inclusion/exclusion mask and folder exclusion mask for this task via "Filter Settings". Please noted that this feature is in the paid version.
Some files may be in use by other programs when doing File Backup, and thus these files may not be backed up. In this case, you need to confirm if these files are used by other programs or not or if they have special permissions.
In order to avoid backing up temporary files, garbage files, and other useless data, we suggest you clean up these data first and back up later.
Files and folders in the Recycle Bin cannot be backed up.
AOMEI Backupper can effectively back up files like NTFS compressed files or EFS encrypted files, but the files will no longer have NTFS or EFS properties after restoration.