- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
In this article, you can learn how to backup files and folders with the File Backup of AOMEI Backupper. This function helps you back up files and folders to specified image files easily. In as few as two steps you can back up your personal files, working files and other important data. As well as being able to specify which folders to back up, you can set filters such as a file inclusion/exclusion mask, a folder exclusion mask, and whether or not to exclude hidden files/folders and system files/folders.
Here are the detailed steps for how to back up files/folders:
In the left tab page, select Backup and then select File Backup.
- You can enter a name for the backup in the "Task Name" box, such as "My File Backup" to help you distinguish it from other backups.
- In the Setp1 area, Click “Add File” or “Add Folder”, and select the files/folders you want to backup.
- Then click Step2 to select location as the destination path to store the image file. If available, always select a destination storage medium that is different than the medium containing the files. This will ensure that even in the event of a disaster such as failure of the source drive the data can be easily recovered from the destination medium.
- Finally, you can set up a schedule file backup, and then click the Start Backup button to run the file backup process.
The File Backup of AOMEI Backupper Professional allows you to backup files with file extension. When you add folders, you can open the Filter settings where you can set up file inclusion/exclusion mask.
For further guidance with screenshots, see: How to Do Files and Folders Backup.
- More advanced options for the current backup task can also be set. For detail guidance see Backup Options, Schedule Backup and Backup Scheme.
- After clicking “Add Folder” you can configure an inclusion/exclusion mask and folder exclusion mask, by expanding the “Filter Settings”.
- Some files may be in use by other programs exclusively, and these may not be backed up. In that case, AOMEI Backupper will prompt you, and guide you step-by-step.