- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
What Is System Backup?
System backup is a kind of backup aiming at imaging system partition and other system related partition (such as system reserved partition and boot partition), including system files, boot files, configuration settings, applications, drivers, etc. on those partitions.
System backup is different from partition backup and disk backup. Partition backup is to back up the whole partition, all things on the partition; and disk backup is to back up the complete disk including all disk data. If you replace system backup with Partition C backup, it won’t function as you wished. That is to say, when you restore the image file back in the future, the restored operating system in great chance will not boot due to lack of boot files.
Backup System with AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper provides a one-click backup system solution. If you need to do a system backup, it will enable you to back up your system drive completely, including applications, drivers, configuration settings, system files and boot files.
To back up a system drive:
- In the left tab page, select Backup and then select System Backup.
- You can enter a name for the backup in the "Task Name" box, to help you distinguish it from other backups.
- Click Step 2 to select a destination path to save the image file. Destination doesn’t need to be larger than source, it only have to be no small than the used space of the source.
- Click Start Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
For more detailed guidance with screenshots see: How to Do a System Backup.
- Since system backup is a one-click solution, your system partition and system reserved partition will be selected as backup resource by default in Step 1. If source isn’t automatically set, please check whether or not the drive is 4096 bytes per sector for AOMEI Backupper doesn’t support drives with 4096 bytes per sector. If it is, you can change this property without data loss first and then do Windows backup.
- If there is a partition which you doubt is system related partition but doesn’t be selected as source in default, you can check its status in Disk Management. If it system related, then, you can choose Partition Backup instead and manually choose source partitions to backup OS.
- AOMEI Backupper can backup multiple partitions or disks simultaneously, but System Backup can only backup a single system in one time.
- Usually, recovery partition won’t be regard as system partition, boot partition, etc. system related partition. Thus, it won’t be automatically selected as source in system backup.
- AOMEI Backupper (all versions) support to backup image to internal & external devices, NAS/Network Share, cloud drives as well as CD/DVD.
- To customize advanced configuration for the current backup task, please see: Backup Options, Schedule Backup and Backup Scheme.