- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
What Is System Backup?
System Backup is a kind of backup aiming at imaging system partition and other system related partitions (such as system reserved partition and boot partition), including system files, boot files, data on these partitions.
System Backup is different from partition backup and disk backup. Partition Backup is to back up partitions you select, you can select D:drive, E:drive, F:drive to be backed up,etc; and Disk Backup is to back up all partitions on specific disk you select,including all data on this disk.
Backup System with AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper provides a one-click backup system solution. If you need to do a system backup, it will enable you to back up your system drive completely, including system files,boot files,etc.
To back up a system drive:
- In the left tab page, select Backup and then select System Backup.
- You can name it for "Task Name" box to help you distinguish it from other backups and you can see partitions related to system to boot are listed automatically.
- Click Step 2 to select a destination path to save image files. Destination doesn't need to be larger than source, it only have to be no small than the used space of the source.
- Click Start Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
For more detailed guidance with screenshots,please refer to: How to Do a System Backup.
As System Backup is a one-click solution, so your system partition and system reserved partition will be selected as backup resource automatically in Step 1. If these partitions are not listed automatically, check whether this system drive is 4096 bytes per sector disk. AOMEI Backupper doesn't support drives with 4096 bytes per sector at present.
If your system drive is a dynamic disk,then System Backup in standard version is not supported.
You can back up C:drive via Partition Backup but we suggest you to back up it via System Backup. If you back up C:drive via Partition Backup, system may not boot after doing restore.
AOMEI Backupper (all versions) can store images to internal & external devices, NAS/Network Share, some cloud drives as well as CD/DVD.