- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
This feature is used to restore a particular partition or volume. If the data on the partition is damaged, you can quickly restore it to the normal state with the backed up image file.
To restore partition/volume:
- In the left tab page, select Restore. From in the list box select the backup that you want to restore. Click Next to continue.
- Select a point-in-time and click the Next button. The Backup type and Created time is helps determine the appropriate point in time.
- In this page, AOMEI Backupper lists the partitions or volumes contained in this image file. Select one of the partitions you want to restore, and click Next to continue.
- Select a destination partition or an unallocated space, to which to restore the selected partition in the previous step. Click Next.
- Now, enter the "Operation Summary" page to preview the restore operation to be executed. If you want to adjust partitions, in the left bottom click "Edit the size of partition". Other choices - "Sector by sector restore" and "Align partition to optimize for SSD" are optional.
- Click Start Restore and wait for the process to complete, and then click Finish.
For greater detail with screenshots, see: How to Restore Partition/Volume.
- If you regularly back up your partition/volume, each backup will generate an image at a given time, so there may be multiple time points to choose from.
- The destination disk/partition will be totally overwritten. If the destination contains any essential data, it should first be copied to another location.
- If any applications are running on the destination partition/disk, AOMEI Backupper will require that you restart computer and will execute the restore operation in "Restart Mode".