- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
You may wish to restore your data to a point-in-time specified by an incremental backup image. An incremental backup must always be restored along with its root Full backup, and sequentially with every other incremental backup done in between. This can be a lengthy process if you have done a large number of incremental backups since the first full backup.
You create a task which backs up D:\work every day. One month later there will be 30 image files. Every image file is a different version (also called a point-in-time). This function enables you to merge all these backup versions into a single image file.
To merge image files：
- In the left Tab, select Utilities and then select Merge Images.
- Select a backup task that you want to merge. If you could not find the backup from the list box, click Browse to locate it. Click the Next button to the next step.
- You can now view all image files in the backup task, which are about to be merged into one. Click the Next button.
- Select a location to save the new, merged image file. You may save to the original directory or specify a new directory to save it.
- Finally, click the Proceed button to merge the image files and wait for the process to complete.
- If a backup task comprises only one version (one image file), the program will not merge it.
- During the process of merging, AOMEI Backupper does not delete the old image files or the merged backup task.
- We suggest you tick “Create a task item for this merging operation”. Then, after merging, in the left tab, select Home to see the new backup item.
- "Merge Images" can only merge all correctly sequenced incremental backup images. If this backup task contains any version(s) of a differential backup, AOMEI Backupper will advise you that you cannot merge them.