- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
If your original files/folders are lost or damaged, with the help of AOMEI Backupper, you can use the File Restore feature to restore them to the original state at the time you backed them up into an image file.
To restore files/folders:
- In the left tab page, select Restore and select the file backup item that you want to restore from the listbox, then click Next to continue.
- Select a backup point and click the Next button. The Backup Type and
Created Time help you to determine the appropriate time point.
- Select the files or folders that you want to restore, and click Next.
- Select a destination path to save the files. You can choose whether to "Restore to original location" or "Restore to a new location". You may also tick "Replace existing files" to overwrite existing files with the same name. Click Start Restore to execute this task.
For a more detailed guide with screenshots, see: How to Do Files and Folders Restore.
- Some files may be in use by other programs, and cannot be overwritten. In this case AOMEI Backupper will pop-up prompt window. You just need to follow the prompts. You could consider restoring to a new location to solve the problem.
- When backing up files, AOMEI Backupper automatically backs up the NTFS permissions. You can check the "Restore NTFS Permissions" option in order to make it easier to set file permissions during the restore process.