- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
If your original files/folders are lost or damaged, with the help of AOMEI Backupper, you can use the File Restore feature to restore them to their original state at the time you backed them up into an image file.
To restore files/folders:
- In the left tab page, select Restore and select the file backup item that you want to restore from the list box, then click Next to continue.
- Select a point-in-time from the list box, and click the Next button. Here, Backup type, Created time and Backup description will help determine the proper point-in-time.
- Select the files or folders that you want to restore, and click Next.
- Select a destination path to save the files. You can choose whether to “Restore to original location” or “Restore to a new location”. You may also tick “Replace existing files” to overwrite existing files with the same name.
- Click Start Restore to execute this task.
For a more detailed guide with screenshots, see: How to Do Files and Folders Restore.
- Some files may be in use by other programs exclusively, and may not be overwritten. In that event AOMEI Backupper will prompt you; you just need to follow the prompts. You could consider restoring to a new location to solve the problem.
- When backing up files, AOMEI Backupper automatically backs up the NTFS files’ permissions. You can check the "Restore NTFS Permissions" option in order to make it easier to set file permissions during the restore process.