- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
If you want to replace old hard drive with a new one for better running speed and performance, or if you want to migrate operating system to another drive, like migrate OS to SSD, System Clone in AOMEI Backupper is a good feature to complete the task. It will clone the entire system partition as well as its all related partitions that are necessary for system running to the destination location with secure boot.
How to Clone System Partition in AOMEI Backupper?
In the first place, connect the destination drive, SSD or HDD, to your current computer. You may need external disk enclosure or USB-to-SATA cable. This process will clone entire operating system including system reserved partition and hidden related partitions to the target place. Now, install and launch this cloning software and learn the detailed steps.
- Click Clone on the left column then select System Clone.
- The system drive and related partitions are selected by default. Select the connected SSD or HDD as the destination location to clone your system drive.
- Review Operation Summary and you can go back if you find something wrong.
- Click Start Clone to perform the operation.
If the selected location is a used partition, a window will pop up to prompt that this partition will be deleted or overwritten, pleasebackup filesyou care most in advance. ClickYesto continue and clickNoto go back.
For more detail with screenshots, see How to do System Clone?
- The destination location cannot be the source disk. And please make sure that the selected drive is large enough to accept the system partitions.
- You can check theAlign partition to optimize for SSDoption to optimize the performance if the destination disk is an SSD.
- Sector by sector clone will copy all sectors of system partition no matter whether it is used or not. Thismethod takes up more time yet it can be used to recover deleted and formatted data that didn’t be re-write. It requires the destination partition larger than the source partition. Or, you can deselect this option and keep the default setting to clone only used section in system drive and its related partition.
After cloning successfully, please shut down the computer, remove the source drive from the computer, and then restart the computer to enter BIOS to set the cloned system disk as the first boot device, so that you can boot from the destination SSD or HDD. After that, you can re-connect the previous hard drive to computer, format old C drive and use it as a secondary storage device.