- Files and Folders Backup
- System Backup
- Disk Backup
- Partition and Volume Backup
- Files Sync
- Schedule Backup
- Backup to NAS or Cloud Clients
- Backup Management
- Incremental and Differential
- Backup Scheme
- Edit Backup
File Sync is a feature which allows you to synchronize files to other locations, such as an external hard drive, another computer, removable USB flash drive, NAS, network and cloud drives etc. so you can use “schedule sync” or “real-time sync” to always keep your important data in sync on your computers. For example, you can backup your working files or other files by sync them to other location.
To synchronize files
1. Click "Backup" tab on the left column. Then drag the scrollbar downwards to select "File Sync".
2. You can enter a name for the sync in the Task Name box to help you distinguish it from other syncs.
3. In the "Step1" area, click "Add Folder". Then in the pop-up window, click "Browse" to select the folder which you want to synchronize. Click "OK".
4. Click "Step2" to select a destination location to store the folder. Then click "Start Sync" to perform the operation.
To schedule sync or real-time sync:
You can check the Schedule option, and then a dialog will be opened. You can schedule the sync task to sync files Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc. Also, you can set the Real-time sync or Event triggers as a sync way in here.
1. There are two options in the Sync Options window. One is Comments. You can write a comment for the current operation in the comment box. The other is Notifications. After enabling this option, you will receive emails about the results of the file syncs.
2. Please don’t modify the folder name of the source; otherwise the program will not be able to synchronize it anymore in the future. If you did, you need to edit the sync task in AOMEI Backupper to fit the change.
3. For a new sync process, if the source file name is the same as one of the destination which has been synced before, the destination one will be overwritten. There is no way to keep different version of a file.
4. The maximum file path of file sync is restricted by the maximum path of Windows API limitation to 256 characters. So, please pay attention to the names of the files/folders you are going to synchronize and shorten them when it’s necessary.
AOMEI Backupper can’t synchronize files which has special characters in their names.
5. For schedule sync, if you delete the file in the source folder, it will be not deleted in the destination immediately. It will wait for the next time of files synchronization, and the deleted file will be removed from the destination.
6. AOMEI Backupper cannot sync the files to the root destination of the drives at present.
7. AOMEI Backupper currently only support one-way sync. In another word, it can sync from Folder One to Folder Two, but can’t sync back from Folder Two to Folder One.
8. If you sync system C drive to another disk, it is impossible to boot from the disk you synced to; if the first time you clone C drive to another disk first and next day just do sync, it can’t boot from it either. If you sync programs to new location, probably the programs won’t work from the target location.
9. For opening files, usually you can sync it when successfully open VSS; if you open the file inclusively even without VSS, it can also be synced; if the file is opened exclusively, even with VSS, it cannot be synced.
10. For more matters needing attention, please read FAQ about AOMEI File Sync in this document.