Command Line Backup of AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper provides AMBackup.exe utility for users to make backups from command line interface or by creating a batch (.BAT) file. It is very useful for unattended and multi-task backups. The AMBackup.exe command line utility enables you to perform most of the backup operations that are supported by the AOMEI Backupper graphical user interface (GUI).
You can create a backup of the system state, hard disks, or partitions from command prompt by using the AMBackup.exe command followed by various parameters. The available backing up types include new, full, incremental and differential. A backup image can be saved to a locally attached storage (either internal or external) or a remote shared network. In addition, AMBackup.exe utility also supports additional actions, like naming, compressing, splitting, encrypting image file and backing up by sector-by-sector. To restore backed-up images, please use the AOMEI Backupper GUI.
How to Create Backups with AMBackup.exe Command Line Utility?
The following example shows how to use the AMBackup.exe utility to back up system drive from CMD. This example makes a new backup of system and names it "sysbackup". Drive F is set as destination path to store the backup image file. The compression level is 0 which means no compression, and image file is encrypted with password 123.
Step1: Download and install AOMEI Backupper.
Step2: Click on the "Start" button in the lower left corner. In the search box, type "cmd", or press WIN+R and type "CMD", and then run as administrator privilege. After that, Command Prompt will open (If you launch AOMEI Backupper GUI, please close it before opening command prompt).
Step3: At the prompt, type:
AMBackup.exe /b new /n sysbackup /t system /d f: /c 0 /e 123
And then hit "Enter" on your keyboard to perform the command line backup operation.
- The command line of AOMEI Backupper does not support for file backup yet and also does not support for restoring operations. You need to run command line prompt as administrator privilege.
- You can also create a batch (.BAT) file with command line and scripts for unattended and multi-task backups.
- To display the list of all available parameters of AMBackup.exe command-line utility, please type "AMBackup.exe /?" at a command prompt.
- For more examples and detailed parameters explanation, please go to help document about Command Line Backup.
- AOMEI Free Backup Software for Windows Backup to NAS Devices
- Backup Dynamic Volumes on Dynamic Disk With Free Software
- UEFI Based System Drive Backup and Restore