In What Conditions Do Windows 8 and 8.1 Need Cloning
With the increasing needs for backup and clone, Windows 8 or 8.1 users need a powerful software that has the features to backup partition and clone a previous hard drive to a new one. Basically, almost all of the clone softwares provide two kinds of clone type, namely, clone partition to other partition and clone a hard drive to a new hard drive. You may need to clone at the times when you want to upgrade your hard drive in Windows 8/8.1 or when you need a duplication of your entire disk.
A Magic Backup Tool to Clone Hard Drive without Reinstalling Windows 8 and 8.1
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a free backup software which is specialized in backup files/partition/system/disk and clone system/partition/disk. Its clone function offers three major features:
- System Clone: enables you to migrate OS to an HDD or SSD without reintsalling Windows and applications. But you need to upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional to use this feature flexible.
- Disk Clone: provides a way to clone one hard disk drive to another, supporting MBR disk, GPT/UEFI disk. The MBR disk supports up to 4 primary partitions. While GPT disk supports more. If your partitions are more than 4, you need to convert MBR disk to GPT disk first, or you can change one primary partition to logical partition so that you can create more extend partitions on the MBR disk. Otherwise, you cannot clone the hard drive which has more than 4 primary partitions successfully.
- Partition Clone: allows you to clone one or more specific partitions to other partition or to an external hard drive.
Unlike the simple copy and paste, cloning will allow you to start your computer as well as program normally without reinstalling system and applications. AOMEI Backupper can do not only Windows 8/8.1 hard drive clone, but also do backup and restore tasks, it is compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit version of Windows 8 and 8.1. Learn the detailed steps on how to clone a hard drive.
Step1. Connect the HDD/SSD to your computer for cloning hard drive in Windows 8. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard free. Install and launch it. It will show your the deep blue interface. Click Clone->Disk Clone.
Step2. Then, you can select the hard drive in Windows 8 as the source disk. Click Next.
Step3. Here you need to select the HDD/SSD you connected to your computer before as the destination disk. Click Next.
Step4. After choosing the source and destination disk, you will be bring to the Operation Summary page where you can preview all operations. If there is no problem, you can click Start Clone to execute the task.
AOMEI Backupper is such a cloning software that you can only take four simple steps to finish the Windows 8 hard drive clone task. AOMEI Backupper also provides you more advanced features for cloning:
- Edit partitions on the destination disk: if you used AOMEI Backupper Professional, you can edit partition on the destination disk as you want.
- Sector by sector clone: you can clone every byte on your old hard drive.
- Align partition to optimize for SSD: if you are cloning Windows 8 hard drive to SSD, you can check this features cause it will optimize the performance of the SSD.
AOMEI Backupper could clone hard drive in Windows 8 and 8.1 to other partition or onto an external hard drive, what is worth mentioning is that, the destination partition or hard drive will be covered after cloning, it’s wise to backup those useful files before processing clone, if necessary. In a nutshell, AOMEI Backupper could make an ideal solution to clone hard drive in Windows 8 and 8.1. It is worth to use.