Redo Backup and Restore for Windows 10
Before coming to the point, we need to get something about Redo Backup.
Redo Backup and Restore based on Linux system, a free backup and disaster recovery software, which allows you to create an image backup without booting into Windows 7/8/10. It runs from a bootable live CD. At the same time, you can use external hard drives and network shares as well.
Network share is a very important feature of Redo backup. This software will automatically seek out available shared files or disks when you use it to back up disk. It's convenient for you to make remote backup of individual files or an entire disk image.
Aside by that, Redo Backup also includes a web browser. You can access the web to download drivers and troubleshoot your computer problems. To users who don't want to learn arcane commands, Redo Backup seems to be a great backup and disk recovery solution.
Redo backup review
Every product has its own advantages and disadvantages, Redo Backup is not an exception. Here is a review for Redo backup and restore.
The Advantages of Redo Backup
1. It has an easy graphical user interface.
2. You can backup files or disks first without booting into Windows when your computer is frustrated with failure.
3. It can be employed on both Linux and Windows system. Although Redo backup is based on Linux system, you still can use it on windows. Because Redo backup is a live CD.
4. It can Automatically find local network shares.
The Disadvantages of Redo Backup
1. Redo Backup cannot burn ISO file and you need an extra software.
2. The restore location must be equal or greater. Because Redo Backup can't modify the bootloader.
3. Redo Backup does not compress your backup. It's an annoying thing. If you backup a huge number of files or folders at its original size, it will occupy a large space on your hard drive or network share.
4. The running speed is slow.
5. A couple of different error messages occur in the daemon.
6. It's time-consuming. In Redo backup, creating a system backup will need more time.
How does it work?
1. Create a Redo backup USB. Download and burn the ISO to USB, or CD-ROM drive.
2. Reboot your machine and the system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer's memory. At the same time, it doesn't write any information to your hard drive.
AOMEI Backupper: the best Redo backup alternative
From above, we can get Redo Backup for Windows 10 is not a great choice. Yes, it has some advantages. You can backup your files or disks without reinstallation and you can employ network share. However, the backup process is a very complex. You need two utilities. Also, it will take you dozens of minutes.
I recommend you free AOMEI Backupper. In AOMEI Backupper, you can enjoy the advantages of Redo backup and avoid the disadvantages.
Then, see the detailed steps.
Step 1. plug your USB drive or disc into your computer first and make sure it can be recognized.
Step 2. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and enjoy it.
Step 3. Select Utilities and Make Bootable Media subsequently, and continue next step
Step 4. Select Bootable Disc Type: Windows PE - Create bootable disc based on Windows PE. This is the recommended option. It is suitable for everyone.
Note: if you are window XP or Window Vista user, you need to install Windows AIK first in most cases. If so, install it first and continue to do next step.
Step 5. In this window, choose the boot mode(BIOS or UEFI) according to your Windows, then click Next
Step 6. Now, choose USB Boot Device, then click Next.
Step 7. Wait for a few minutes and click Finish
With one or more bootable media, you can backup your files or disks without booting into Windows at any time.
Step 8. Plug the bootable USB drive into the specified computer.
Step 9. Boot your computer with the bootable USB drive. You can press the corresponding function key to enter BIOS and change the boot sequence, then press Enter or F10 to go to your computer.
Step 10. Click Backup and Disk Backup subsequently when you see the interface of AOMEI Backupper.
Step 11. In this window, select the disk you want to backup, then choose a location for your backup.
Notice: If you would like to change the compression level, you can click Backup Options
Step 12. After finishing above all steps, click Start Backup and wait.
Redo backup for Windows 10 can help you backup your disk when your computer fails to boot. But it's really complex. First, you need to two utilities. Second, it needs a lot of time. But, AOMEI Backupper can finish all the operations with only one software. And it takes less time. You can try free backup and restore software AOMEI Backupper.