What Is the Redo Backup and Restore in Windows 10?
Before coming to the point, we need to get something about Redo.
Redo Backup and Restore is free backup and disaster recovery software which support Windows 7/8/10. It runs from a bootable live CD and is based on Linux system. At the same time, you can use external hard drives and network shares as well when you employ it. Network share is a very important feature of Redo backup. In Redo backup, when you employ it to back up your disk on Network share, it'll automatically seek out available shared files or disks on your network. So you just need to select the one you want to backup. It’s convenient for you to make remote backup of individual files or an entire disk image. Aside by that, Redo Backup also includes a web browser, so you can access the web to download drivers and troubleshoot your computer problems. To users who don’t want to learn arcane commands, it seems to be a great backup and disk recovery solution.
How does it work?
1. Download and burn the ISO, place it in your CD-ROM drive
2. Reboot your machine and the system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer's memory. At the same time, it doesn’t write any information to your hard drive.
Redo Backup Review
Every product has its own advantages and disadvantages, Redo Backup is not an exception. Then let’s see Redo backup review as follow.
The Advantages of Redo Backup
1. It has an easy graphical user interface
2. If your computer is confronted with failure and you can’t boot it. You can backup your files or disks without reinstallation first. At the same time, you are allowed to access them even if you can’t log in.
3. It can be employed on both Linux and Windows system. Although Redo backup is based on Linux system, you still can use it on windows. Because Redo backup is a live CD.
4. It can Automatically find local network shares
The Disadvantages of Redo Backup
1. Using Redo Backup is a complex thing, Because you can’t find any software to burn image file in Redo Backup. You have to download Redo backup and third-party software first. Then, spend some time to download a 250MB ISO file and employ the third-party software to burn the image file to a disc.
2. The restore location must be equal or greater. Because Redo Backup can't modify the bootloader.
3. Redo Backup doesn't let you adjust compression level. It’s an annoying thing. When you backup a huge number of files or folders at its original size, it will occupy a large space on your hard drive or network share.
4. The running speed is not fast enough
5. A couple of different error messages occur in the daemon.
6. It’s Time-consuming. In Redo backup, making a full backup of system partition will need dozens of minutes.
AOMEI Backupper: The Best Redo Backup Alternative
From above, we can get Redo Backup for Windows 10 is not a great choice. Yes, it has some advantages. You can backup your files or disks without reinstallation and you can employ network share. However, the backup process is a very complex. You need two utilities. Also, it will take you dozens of minutes. But, in AOMEI Backupper, you can enjoy the advantages of Redo backup and avoid the disadvantages. Below, I’ll show you how to backup windows 10 without reinstallation.
Before coming to the point, you need to plug your USB drive or disc first and make sure it can be recognized by your computer.
Step 1: Download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and enjoy it.
Step 2: Select Utilities and Make Bootable Media subsequently, and continue next step
Step 3: Select Bootable Disc Type: Windows PE - Create bootable disc based on Windows PE in below window.
Note: if you are window XP or Window Vista user, you need to install Windows AIK first in most cases. If so, install it first and continue to do next step.
Step 4: In this window, choose the boot mode(BIOS or UEFI) according to your Windows, then click Next
Step 5: Now, choose USB Boot Device, then click Next.
Step 6: This is the last step, you just need to wait for a few minutes and click Finish
Step 7: After the bootable media disc has been created successful, unplug the USB from computer and plug it into the computer that contains the hard drive you want to back it up. Start the PC directly with a bootable device or enter into the boot mode to change the boot sequence, and then boot the computer. AOMEI Backupper Standard will launch automatically. Click Backup and Disk Backup subsequently.
Step 8: In this window, select the disk you want to backup, then choose a location for your backup.
Notice: If you would like to change the compression level, you can click Backup Options
Step 9: After finishing above all steps, move your finger to click Start Backup and wait.
Redo backup on Windows 10 can help you backup your disk when your computer fail to boot. But it’s really complex. First, you need to two utilities. Second, it needs a lot of time. Vice versa, AOMEI Backupper can finish all the operations with only one software. And it takes less time. You can try it.
From above window, you can get AOMEI Backupper is a software designed to do backup and restore. Aside by Disk Backup, you still can employ System Backup, Partition Backup, Explore Image, Backup to Network, File Sync during Shutdown etc.