Imaging Windows 8, what for?
It is well know now that Microsoft moved a few new things around in Windows 8. One of them is the system image backup feature, which allows you to make a copy of your drive so you can do a complete restore in case your system or hard drive crashes. Imaging Windows 8 means creating a system image for your Windows 8, in other words, making a backup for your Windows 8.
Imaging Windows 8 or backing up Windows 8 is a good way of keeping your system, files and data safe both for individual and organizations. Keeping the personal files and data is the immediate profit individual users could derive from imaging Windows 8, while for organizations, they can get even more.
- Prevent financial loss.
- Abackup and recovery system can prevent loss of credibility and goodwill.
- It will ensure that staff will continue to be paid especially if it impacts upon payroll and other key financial records.
- A backup and recovery system will eliminate the loss of important operational information such as customer records and financial information.
It is not exaggerated to say that imaging Windows 8 is the best method for system security, and with the improvement of Windows 8 you may create the system image with more than one method.
Methods of imaging Windows 81.Imaging Windows 8 with the built-in utility.
- Step 1: Search for “recovery” from the Windows 8 start screen, then select the setting, “Windows 7 File Recovery”.
- Step 2: Once the Windows 7 File Recovery control panel launches, click on the “Create a system image” link from the left side of the window.
- Step 3: Choose where you want to save the system image. You can select an external storage device or burn the image to DVDs.
- Step 4: Confirm the backup settings, and then click “Start backup”.
At the end of the process, you’ll have the option to create a system repair disc.
Note: If you want to create another recovery drive instead of the one you selected first at the end of the backup, then you need to reimage your PC using the system image. Go to Settings > Change PC Settings > General, then click on the Restart new button under Advanced startup. Or you may refer to the second method—imaging Windows 8 with AOMEI Backupper.2.Imaging Windows 8 with AOMEI Backupper
- Software: AOMEI Backupper
- Price: Free
- Platform: Windows
AOMEI Backupper is special designed for Windows platforms, till now it is well compatible with all Windows systems. With its help, the process of imaging Windows 8 is very easy.
Now, you may go to download the software and try it out.
You just need to follow the step-by-step wizard to create a system image backup.