Windows clone drive to SSD
For many reasons, computer users would like to migrate their Windows from their old hard drive to SSD. For example, if you want to replace HDD with SSD, clone your old hard drive to SSD should be the best way, cause you do not need to re-install operating system and applications, and you can keep all data on your new SSD. But for Windows users, how to clone drive to SSD?
The easiest way of cloning drive to SSD in Windows 10/8/7
Windows clone drive to SSD could be a very simple thing if you take use of some disk cloning software like AOMEI Backupper. With the help of AOMEI Backupper, Windows clone hard drive to SSD could be easier and simpler. But how to clone HDD to SSD with this tool? Here are the detailed steps in the next content.
Before you do, you need to prepare:
- A SSD that is enough to store all data on your old hard drive. If you need to do an exactly clone, the SSD must as large as the old hard drive at least.
- Install the AOMEI Backupper Professional to your personal computer. You can also download the free edition. But if you are Windows Server users, the AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable for you.
Step1. Connect your SSD to your computer and make sure it can be detected. Launch AOMEI Backupper Professional. For Windows clone drive to SSD, here you need to click Clone, and select Disk Clone.
Step2. Then, you need to select the original hard drive as the source disk, then, click Next.
Step3.After choosing the source disk, you need to select the SSD as the destination disk to clone the source disk to, and click Next.
Step4. Finally, you will get into the final page. You can preview the operations here. If there is no problem, click Start Clone to submit the task.
- Edit partitions on the destination disk: this setting will help you manage your destination disk before cloning. You can adjust the partition size and mount according to your requirements so that the destination disk could be in the best status after cloning.
- Sector by sector clone: this feature will help you to clone every byte on the source disk no matter it used or not. It requires the destination disk must as large enough as the source disk at least. It will take more time and more space on the destination disk.
- Align partition to optimize for SSD: it is highly recommend to check the box if the destination disk is SSD, cause it will optimize the performance of your SSD after cloning.
With AOMEI Backupper, Windows clone drive to SSD only need four steps. It should be the easiest way to clone HDD to SSD. For instance, AOMEI Backupper allows you to clone larger drive to smaller drive, clone old hard drive to smaller SSD, migrate OS to SSD, etc. Besides, AOMEI Backupper is also a software which can rescue your computer when you need. Such as backup & restore system, create system repair disc, create bootable media, etc.