Why need an SSD cloning freeware?
As we all know that it will get an excellent experience to run Windows or play games on a solid state drive (SSD), so lots of users are planning to upgrade their hard disk drive (HDD) with a new SSD. Many SSDs like Samsung 970 EVO SSD, PNY SSD, etc. are very popular among computer users.
Some prefer a fresh install on SSD, but they are worrying about whether their Windows still stay activated after the clean install. Others want to get the better performance of SSD, but they don’t want to spend time reinstalling Windows system and programs.
For those worries, free disk cloning software, AOMEI Backupper Standard was developed for Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, XP, and Vista. It is easy-to-use and keeps data intact during cloning, which saves the time and effort of reinstalling system and applications.
Free SSD cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Standard
AOMEI Backupper Standard, developed for Windows 10/8.1/8/7, is devoted to transferring data from one disk to another no matter whether it is an SSD or HDD. It provides 2 ways to clone data from HDD to SSD: Partition Clone (clone specific partition(s) to SSD), and Disk Clone (clone an entire HDD to SSD).
You can clone a large HDD to a smaller SSD as long as your SSD has enough space to hold the data on the HDD. If there is no sufficient disk space on your SSD, you can remove some data to another storage device to slim your HDD or try System Clone, which will clone all files related to booting Windows.
If your source disk and destination disk have different partition style, you can still use AOMEI Backupper to clone disk without converting disk partition style for it allows you to copy MBR disk to GPT disk and vice versa. Additionally, the cloning process will not affect your work with the computer and it will make the cloned SSD bootable if you are cloning a system drive.
How to clone HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper?
You need but a few clicks to clone a hard drive to SSD with AOMEI Backupper. Let’s see how to Clone the entire hard drive to an SSD with AOMEI Backupper.
1. Download this freeware. Install and open it.
2. Click Clone tad and select Disk Clone. (If you want to clone Dynamic disk, you can choose Partition Clone.)
3. Click the original hard drive as the source disk and then select the SSD as the destination disk. Note that the selected destination disk will be deleted before it starts to clone hard drive.
4. Check the option Align partition to optimize for SSD, and then click on Start Clone to run the cloning process. If you are trying to upgrade your SSD to larger one, you can click "Edit partitions on the destination disk" to avoid unallocated space after the clone.
5. Then you can leave it be and do other work with this computer. Click Finish to exit when it finishes.
6. (Optional) If you are cloning system disk from HDD to SSD, please replace the cloned SSD with previous HDD or change boot priority to the cloned SSD to boot.
If you are going to transfer data to an SSD, try this SSD cloning freeware - AOMEI Backupper Standard. If you just want to transfer only OS with all the applications to SSD, you can upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional. Besides, you can also take AOMEI Backupper as a backup and restore software to backup SSD to HDD.
It provides System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup, and File/Folder backup. The amazing restoring feature is also beyond doubt. You can recover your computer when it is unbootable by using bootable rescue media or AOMEI PXE tool (boot multiple computers from network), and restore system backup and disk backup to another computer with dissimilar hardware is out of question.