Minecraft is a famous sandbox construction game; it attracts many game players and game enthusiasts, the game players have to place and break various types of blocks to interact with the game world in Minecraft, and could also create amazing structures in your own worlds across different game modes.
Considering you’ve spent a lot of time on this game to get the achievements and the world, you should backup the Minecraft world. The Minecraft save folder contains Map Data, World Data, Nether Data, Level Data, and Session Data. Minecraft stores its settings in the users "Application Data" folder. Usually, the location path of the Minecraft saves is: C:\Users\user name\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\.
Image Minecraft Worlds Overview
The achievements and settings of your Minecraft world should be protected in case of virus and malware attack, Windows corrupt, hard drive failure etc. However, many Minecraft gamers has the problem to backup Minecraft world in Windows 10/8/7, Although Mineback can backup world in Minecraft automatically; it can’t always know the content you want to backup.
How to backup Minecraft worlds in Windows 10/8/7? There are 2 simple solutions to make backup for Minecraft world. You should choose the best way to image Minecraft data.
Backup Minecraft World Automatically with AOMEI Backupper
The simplest way to backup Minecraft world is to use the best Minecraft world backup program. AOMEI Backupper provides advanced functions to backup, clone, restore data intelligently.
To make the image file safe, you could save the Minecraft backup world file to NAS device, external hard drive, USB flash drive, local hard drive, network share etc. Following text is how to backup Minecraft worlds in Windows 7/8/10 with the “File Backup” feature.
1. Download and launch AOMEI Backupper, select “Backup”->”File Backup” to enter another window.
2. Type a name in “Task Name” box to distinguish from other backups (here is My File Backup).
3. In the “Step1”, click “Add Folder” to enter another window, click “Browse” to select the Minecraft save folder to backup, then hit “OK”. You can also choose “Add File” to select the specific file to image.
- In this step, you could configure the file or folder you want to backup with “Edit”, or delete it by clicking “Delete”.
- When select the folder you want to image, you could also exclude the files or folders you don’t want to backup by clicking “Filter Settings”.
4. In the “Step2”, click button to select destination location to save the image file (here is H partition).
5. Click “Start Backup” to start image Minecraft worlds. Press “Finish” when the operation is done.
After that, you can take advantage of AOMEI Backupper to restore the Minecraft world from the image file.
Another Way to Bakcup Minecraft Worlds
How to backup Minecraft worlds in Windows 10/8/7? There is another way to backup Minecraft worlds: backup Minecraft manually. Locate the Minecraft saves folder: C:\Users\user name\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\. Then copy the entire folder to another safe location to finish.
This way isn’t the ideal solution to backup; you have to backup Minecraft saves again when it changes.
In a word, AOMEI Backupper is best way to image Minecraft worlds; it allows you backup Minecraft worlds via daily, weekly, monthly. Most important, you could make incremental or differential backup for Minecraft world.