Why do you need to clone SSD to HDD Windows 7?
Actually, SSD(solid state drive) is better than HDD(hard disk drive) in many respects, for example,
1. An SSD is more durable. An HDD stores data on a rotating platter and reads information with a R\W head of the mechanical arm moving around, so it’s susceptible to shock and damage. However, an SSD uses a non-mechanical design of NAND flash mounted on a circuit board, which makes it shock resistant up to 1550g/0.5ms.
2. An SSD is faster than an HDD. An HDD needs longer time to access data due to its spinning, and an SSD can be up to 100 times faster resulting in total system acceleration.
Except all above, an SDD is more reliable, more silent, cooler, lighter and uses less power. But SSD is also more expensive, which may be the only reason to prevent you from buying it. And if you already have a small SSD (a wise choice), then a larger HDD with cheaper price is also good to be a secondary disk, since the larger the more expensive and an HDD will be much cheaper than an SSD with the same size.
How to clone SSD to HDD Windows 7 with AOMEI Backupper?
After you buy another HDD and connect it as a secondary disk, you can clone SSD to HDD in your Windows7 with AOMEI Backupper. Actually, you can use it to clone SSD to HDD or clone HDD to SSD in all Windows editions including Windows XP\Vista\7\8\8.1\10 of both 32bit and 64bit. Next, we will show you step by step.
Step 1: Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select “Disk Clone” under “Clone” tab.
Step 2: select your SSD as source disk (here is disk 0), then click “Next”.
Step 3: Select your HDD as destination disk (here is disk 1), then click “Next” to continue.
Step 4: In this window, you can preview the operation result. Then, click “Start” to clone SSD to HDD.
1. If you need to adjust partition size and location of destination disk, please click “Edit partition on the destination disk”. But you need to upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional to enjoy Edit partitions on this disk.
2. “Sector by sector clone” is optional to copy all sectors of the disk to the destination disk whether in use or not, but the destination disk size must be equal to or larger than the source disk.
3. “Align partition to optimize for SSD” is highly recommended when you clone to SSD.
Step 5: Wait for the process to complete and then click “Finish”. A disk clone can take several hours depending on the size of the source disk.
Tips: you can clone SSD to HDD in Windows 10 with above steps as well.
AOMEI Backupper is a professional and free clone software, which allows you to clone disk, partition within several simple clicks. Also, you can use it to create SSD backup image when you don’t want to clone SSD to HDD in Windows7.