Windows Server 2008 disk backup software
Microsoft’s Windows system has no built-in support for disk backup, so a professional third-party disk image software is necessary when you want to create a disk image under Windows Server 2008. To realize backing up Server 2008 hard disk drive, we should first choose a powerful disk imaging software which supports the Windows Server operating system. In order to help user to select the suitable Windows Server 2008 disk backup software, we listed the major features that a capable backup software should have as below:
- Network sharing: A capable Windows 2008 disk backup software should provide this feature to allow authorized users who are on the same network segment to share those backup images. This will assuredly enhance the security of the operating system, files and data on your Server.
- Support DVD/CD: Powerful disk backup software should support store backup image files to different locations, say, CD, DVD, USB or external hard drive. By doing so, we can prevent those unpredictable accidents which may lead to data loss and financial suffering.
- Image compression and splitting: When the destination storage media’s capacity is too small for the source data, the compression and splitting function can help you compress and split those image files into smaller one/ones; this can save much of the storage space.
- Emergent bootable CD: This function is very useful because it allows you to create/restore disk image even if the system fails to boot.
- Clone function: Unlike backup function restore the image files to different media, clone function allows user to transfer data to different operating system without reinstalling the software and system.
- Image exploring: Professional Windows 2008 Server disk image software should provide image exploring feature to check and view the integrity of the backup image files.
Server disk backup software – AOMEI Backupper
Not only for Windows Server 2008, AOMEI Backupper is fully compatible with Windows Server 2003/2012 and Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, both 32 and 64 bit. This software provides not only the features which are listed above, but also provides some other useful functions, namely, incremental and differential backup, Schedule Backup, encryption and etc. The detailed steps to realize free backup Windows Server 2008 backup without data loss please refer to: How to Backup Disk for Windows PC and Server?