Why backup Windows Server to Amazon Drive?
As is known to all, Windows Server like Server 2016, Server 2008 (R2) and Server 2012 (R2) are widely used in middle or large-sized companies. Stuff’s profiles, business documents, clients’ information and a mass of confidential data are stored on the Server. Obviously, the importance of backup Windows Server is self-explanatory for every administrator. Surely, they can backup Server to other physical storages, for instance, backup Windows Home Server 2011 to external hard drive for protection. However, hard drive fails eventually. Cloud storage is accepted by more and more computer users. Thus, backing up Server to Amazon is not a bad choice.
Amazon Drive, like all other cloud storages, is a secure backup destination for all kinds of files. It is managed by Amazon and provides 5GB free storage and unlimited storage for different users in different countries. Therefore, you may hear that some personal users also want Windows backup to Amazon to store their crucial files. When disaster occurs, they can easily get these data back from Amazon Drive. This Cloud also provides file sharing and photo printing service. So one can backup Windows files to Cloud and share them with families, friends and colleagues. Many Cloud Drives released desktop application, so does Amazon Drive. When there is no internet connected, storing to Amazon Drive desktop is available. Once network connected, sync local files to online storage. Whatever factor that leads you backing up Windows Server to Amazon, finding a way to complete this task is more important.
How to backup Windows Server 2012 (R2) to Amazon Cloud?
Windows Server Backup is a snap-in backup utility for Server 2008 or higher. It is great and most regular backups could be easily done with it. However, it has missed some important features. For example, files larger than 2TB won’t be backed up. As a result, for users who are looking for feature-rich and enterprise level backup solution, AOMEI Backupper Server is the software one has to take a look at. It allows you to backup Windows Server to Amazon Drive or other cloud drives which have the desktop app such as hubiC, SugarSync, Onedrive, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Cloudme, etc in Full, Incremental or Differential backup types with Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event-triggers or Real-time Sync mode. What’s more, password protection is also supportable which avoids backup images leakage caused by unauthorized access. It supports Windows Server 2003 and later. Feel free to install it.
Before you do:
- Download Amazon Drive desktop app to your Server.
- Download AOMEI Backupper Server.
Backup Windows Server 2012 system to Amazon Cloud via AOMEI Backupper
1. Install and login your Amazon Drive account. Keep its location in mind because you’ll need it later.
2. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper Server. Go Backup -> System Backup.
3. At this window, system partition is selected by default. Click “Step 2” to add Amazon Drive folder. You can do more configurations with beneath options. After that, click Start Backup to begin.
- Backup Options: you can set password protection here. Other settings like compress/split backup image, intelligent/sector-by-sector backup are also can be found.
- Schedule: you can select different backup mode or types in this option.
- Scheme: it supports auto delete old backups when it exceeds the value you set.
- If you want to backup Windows Server to Amazon S3, please turn to Cloud manager MultCloud to better manage that.
Two steps and some configurations are all you need to do before you backup Windows Server to Amazon Drive. AOMEI Backupper can solve many other problems and you may aware of that from the screenshots. For example, you can use this tool to clone Windows Server 2011 to new hard drive when you don’t want to reinstall everything in disk upgrading.
AOMEI Backupper also has Professional edition which is suitable for Windows PC users. If backing up Windows 7 or Windows 10 to Amazon Drive, check this one out.