Preliminary Knowledge of Transfer Windows 8 or 8.1 to New Hard Drive
Maybe you have been looking for a method to make a copy of your operating system for a long time, but a variety of circumstances hindered your plan. Just because of this, we prepare this article to solve the problems which may show up while you are transferring Windows 8 to new hard disk drive. The transfer function we talked about is, in fact, the clone feature which provides by most backup softwares.
To learn about transfer Windows 8 to a new disk, firstly we should make out why we need to do that. Normally we transfer our Windows 8 system to external hard disk drive because we want to make a duplication of our operation system before we suffering form any data loss caused by system crash. Since external hard drive just has the advantage of favorable availability and portability, cloning the system partition to external hard drive has become the top-priority.
Steps about Transfer Windows 8 to New Hard Drive
By many years of proof-test, the Clone function of AOMEI Backupper is a pretty nice choice for transferring operation, such as transfer Windows 8 to new hard drive. It is a FREE software which provides two basic clone features, Partition Clone and Disk Clone. Since we are going to clone our Windows 8 system, we simply choose Partition Clone to clone system partition. Here is a brief tutorial about how to transfer Windows 8 to new hard disk drive. (you should plug in an external hard disk drive beforehand).
- Step 1: Click into Partition Clone and choose the source partition where the Operating System has been installed (suppose the operating system has been installed in C: drive, then we should choose C partition as source). And click "Next".
- Step 2: Slect the new disk which you just plugged in as destination, and click "Next".
- Step 3: Then, click “Start Clone”
Tips: AOMEI Backupper is also fully compatible with Windows 8.1, and the steps of transferring Windows 8.1 to new hard drive are the same as those to transfer Windows 8.
Matters Need Attention while Cloning Windows 8 to New Disk
AOMEI Backupper is a powerful backup software which is embedded with a powerful Clone feature, a versatile Backup and Restore feature and some other useful utilities. Since it is easy to use and requires no cost, AOMEI Backupper Standard is becoming more and more popular nowadays. However, there are two things need your attention while you are cloning Windows 8 to new disk.
- The empty space on your new hard drive should be larger than the size of your system partition. Otherwise AOMEI Backupper will notice you that the new HDD could not accommodate your System.
- If there are some important files in your external hard drive, you are advised to backup them first, because they might be covered by your system once you start clone.