The Benefit of Windows 8/8.1 System Clone
System clone for Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 brings a lot of benefits to users. We always backup system so that if there is something wrong with system, like system crashes, we can use the backup image to restore it. System clone is similar with it. System clone will copy the whole data of system partition, which means it will copy not only the Windows operating system, but also the installed applications and other settings in the system partition. On the other hand, cloning system from one smaller disk to a larger one so that you can allocate more disk space to system partition to avoid low disk space. Besides, system clone can solve a lot of problem for Windows 8.
- If your current hard disk drive performs not good and in a slow running speed, you can clone the system and migrate it to a solid state drive (SSD) so that it can perform better and running faster.
- If you want to upgrade the old hard disk to a larger one, you can migrate all the system drive by coping system so you can still have all the applications of the old system drive in the new HDD.
- The system clone can also give a big convenience if you bought a new computer and still wants to use the old operating system. You can use system clone to migrate Windows 8 to an external drive, so all the operating system and applications can be migrate to the new PC.
Can I Clone System Partition with Windows 8/8.1 Built-in Tool?
We know that Window 8/8.1 has a built-in tool for backup and restore. It can create a system backup image. But it doesn’t mean that you can clone system with it. If you want to clone system for Windows 8/8.1 rather than backup system, you may choose another free clone software.
Here we recommend you AOMEI Backupper Standard for you, because it has great powerful features and it is free.
How to Clone System in Windows 8/8.1 with AOMEI Backupper?
As we mentioned above, useing the free software AOMEI Backupper to copy system for Windows 8 is more simple. Actually, it can support more OS like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10. The deep blue and simple interface is acclaimed by users, too. With the easy operating and simple steps, you will copy the system in a few minutes.
Step1. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and launch it. It will show you a very friendly and easy-to-use interface. Click Clone to open the main interface of clone. You will see three kinds of clone. Besides, you can do disk clone and partition clone.
Step2. Here select System Clone. It will show you an interface to choose the destination partition. You can copy system reserved partition (which stores the boot files) and C partition to an external hard drive you prepared or the other partition on the same disk. Here choose the Disk 1. Click Next.
Step3. You can see the following screenshot. After you choose the destination partition, it will pop-out a window to remind you to make a confirm of the operation. After you confirmed, click Yes and Next.
Step4. The last step will turn into the Operation Summary. You can ensure the source partitions and destination partition here. What’s more, you can setup a "Sector by sector clone" and "Align partition to optimize for SSD" by clicking the box marked as blue. Click "Start Clone".
Step5. After the progress reached 100%, click Finish, and you completely finished the whole clone.
- The "Sector by sector clone" will copy all sectors of system partition no matter it's used or not, and it may take more time and occupy more disk space.
- If the destination disk is a SSD, "Align partition to optimize for SSD" will optimize the performance of computer.