Why Backup Windows 8/8.1 to Network Drive?
Some users may ask why we need to backup operating system to network drive, but not to our local disk? We imagines these situations: if our house burns down or gets burglarized, so our computers are destroyed. Some terrible and unexpected situations can tell us that no matter how attentively we back up our computer to a local hard drive, we will still lose our photos, music, videos, documents, and other important files. If we don't store system backup to network drive, preferably we’re out of date. As I know, some users may backup to an external hard drive with a copy of their important files at the office or at their house in case of theft or fire, but that requires manually transporting our hard drive back and forth on a regular basis. We may forget it and feel so tedious.
Backup Windows 8/8.1 to Network Drive with Free AOMEI Backupper Software
Before we do, you need to understand AOMEI software. This software meets the need of the home and bussiness user. we can use it to back up our entire computer with just one click, at the same time, it provides unparalleled backup feature that can recover our entire computer including the operating system and application in minutes. So it is a piece of cake to backup Windows 8/8.1 to network drive with AOMEI Backupper tool. Let’s take backup Windows 8 to network drive as an example.
1. First of all, we should launch AOMEI Backupper, and click “Backup”. In the left-hand side, choose “System Backup”.
2. After that, we will be shown with two steps. When you do system backup, AOMEI Backupper will automatically choose the right source for you, so you just need to pay attention to "Step2" when it comes to choose the destination path (we need to select our network drive as the destination). And click the "Step2" as shown below:
3. In the pop-up window, click "Share/NAS Device".
4. We can see the follow interface,and then click "Add share or NAS device" button .
5. You need to writting the Display Name and IP Address. Finally, click “OK” to start the backup process.
As is mentioned above, if we want to backup manually and regularly by ourselves, it is so boring and terrible. So it pleasure that AOMEI Backupper offers a powerful schedule designed to run backups at a preset time or after a designated period has elapsed. So we can choose to schedule backups when the computer is idle, and the process of backing up Windows 8/8.1 to network drive is very easy, even for green hand. So just download, have a try.