Benefits of schedule backup Windows 7
Regular backup computer is a good habit to deal with data loss, but too many PC users fail to properly backup system and their data. Out of this reason, you may always in the position of having to tell your families or friends that all of the family photos or financial information they have stored on your computer is completely lost. But you are not responsible for all of those damages, and it’s hardly recognized that everyone has the habit of backup in a timely manner.
Schedule backup is a good solution to backup regularly and keep all the data safe in the event of disasters. With Windows 7 automatic backup, you don’t have to remember to back up your files, if you want to backup Windows 7 automatically, it’s improved “Backup and Restore” feature may help you create safety copies of your most important personal files. With schedule backup, there is nothing to worry about even you don’t have the time to backup your computer.
Some of the more advanced configuration for Windows Backup is not available in the Action Center and you cannot backup and restore for your computer before Windows 7, and now you may do that with Windows built-in backup utility.
How to make automatic backup in Windows 7 via built-in tool
To set up Windows 7 automatic backup, Windows built-in tool is the first way to go. If you’ve never used Windows Backup before, the Windows Backup automatically creates a schedule for you, which you can change. You can follow the steps below to set up Windows 7 scheduled backup job:
1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button, then clicking Control Panel, System and Maintenance, and Backup and restore.
2. Click Set up backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard to choose a location to save the backup file and click “Next”.
3. In the next pop-out window, click “Next”to let Windows choose what to backup or select “Let me choose” to include what to backup.
4. You can review the backup task. By default, Windows create a schedule to run the backup daily at 7:00 PM. You can modify the schedule by clicking Change Schedule.
5. You can specify a time to run the backup daily, weekly, or monthly. Then click “Save settings and run backup”.
Note: You may also change the settings by choosing Change settings after clicking backup and restore, if you’re prompted for an administration password or confirmation, type or provide confirmation. If you do not adapt to Windows built-in backup utility, you may refer to the second way to do schedule backup with one powerful Windows 7 automatic backup software.
Create schedule backup with Windows 7 automatic backup software
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a professional backup and restore software, which supports system backup, disk backup, partition backup and file backup.
It allows you to do schedule backup Windows 7 of monthly, weekly, and daily or even of hourly demands. If you upgrade to Pro version, you can enjoy event-trigger backup and real-time file sync at the same time.
You can also set incremental and differential backup feature which can help you save the storage space on the destination.
The follow are the detailed steps to set Windows 7 automatic backup:
1. Download and run this freeware.
2. Under “Backup” tab, click “System Backup”. You can also choose Disk Backup, Partition Backup, or File Backup.
3. Click “Step 2” to select a location to save the backup.
4. Click Schedule to set up a schedule to run the backup.
5. Click “Start Backup” to add this schedule.
Note: To perform Windows 7 system restore, please go to Home > find the backup image > click Restore to make it.
Now you know two ways to do schedule automatic backup in Windows 7. Compared to Windows Backup and Restore utility, AOMEI Backupper offers more flexible options to help you backup not only your system but also your disk, partition and other data. It’s worth to have a try.