In order to ensure the protection of Windows 7 system and data, there is a good approach. That is to ghost Windows 7 hard drive with some backup software. Before starting the operation, choosing the most suitable software plays a very important role. Therefore, let's see how a professional hard disk imaging software completes the task of Windows 7 backup and restore.
Windows Built-in Hard Disk Imaging Software
As known to many Windows users, the operating systems of Windows XP, Vista, Win7 have been added the function of backup and restore. As for the task of "ghost Windows 7 hard drive", it can be completed with its snap-in software through the following steps.
- Click "Start" and select "Control Panel" in the pop-up window.
- Then, select the "Backup and Restore" option.
- Next, choose the item of "Create a system image" in the upper left corner of the main interface.
- Then, choose a destination disk or partition, and click "Next".
- Choose the partition/hard drive that needs to be backed up. (The system drive is set as default.)
- Last, click "Start Backup". And when it is completed, just click "Close".
However, the Windows built-in backup software possesses many drawbacks. For example, it can not encrypt image files so as to ensure the data security. Also, it can not compress image files to save storage space. In addition, it can only do full backup, which would cost more time. In this case, we need a more powerful freeware to ghost Windows 7 perfectly.
Ghost Windows 7 Hard Drive with Powerful Freeware
As a fantastic ghost software for Windows 7, AOMEI Backupper can work with Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, XP, Vista, Win7/8 as well as Windows Small Business Server. It possesses many specially designed features. For example, three main functions: disk/partition backup and restore, disk/partition clone. What's more, it has some other assisting functions as well, such as, image checking, bootable CD, explore image file, etc.
Here are the detailed steps of how to ghost hard drive for Windows 7 by using AOMEI Backupper. Before you do, you need to prepare for it:
An external hard drive (HDD/SSD) which has enough space to store the data on your Windows 7 hard drive.
After all the preparations, you can start to ghost Windows 7 hard drive.
Step1.Connect the external hard drive to you computer, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. To ghost hard drive for Windows 7, here you need to click Clone->Disk Clone.
Step2. Then, you need to select the original hard drive as source disk. Click Next.
Step3.Then, select the external hard drive you prepared before as the destination disk. Click Next.
Step4.Finally, you will get into the Operation Summary window. Confirm all information, and click Start Clone to ghost hard drive for Windows 7.
You can edit partitions on the destination disk as you want after upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional edition.
The sector by sector clone will clone every byte on the hard drive, which would take more time and occupy more space on the destination disk.
If you are ghost Windows 7 hard drive to an SSD, it is highly recommended to check the option “Align partition to optimize SSD”, cause it will optimize the SSD’s performance after cloning.
This operations are also suitable for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, etc.
AOMEI Backupper should be the best ghost software for Windows 7/8/10. It not only can ghost backup for Windows 7/8/10, but also can restore backup image. Besides, it has many advanced features by upgrading AOMEI Backupper Professional. If you are Windows Server users, the AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable for you.
- How to Realize Windows 7 System Backup?
- Best PC Backup Software for Your PC Safety
- Best Way to Restore System State to Other Computers with the Same Configuration
- How to Backup Windows 7 System Drive?
- Trustworthy and Free Windows Server Backup Software
- Backup Windows 7 with Free Software
- Back up Computer with Free Software
- Perfect Software for Windows 7 Incremental Backup
- Professional Tool to Clone Hard Drive Windows 7
- Use freeware to Clone Windows 7 to New Hard Drive without Reinstallation?