Real case about cloning Windows 7 to multiple computers
I need to clone windows 7 over 60 computers for a school. And all the computers employ the same hardware and configuration. I want to clone all of them with the same operating system and hardware etc. However, I do not want to clone them one by one. It’s complex. Can I clone all the computers at the same time? If possible, please tell me how.
Can you clone Windows 7 to multiple computers simultaneously?
As you can see from above, there are some users who want to clone Windows 7 to multiple computers. However, it’s a tough thing for the majority of people.
Some users who are familiar with computers try to clone Windows 7 to new computer one by one. Of course, you can realize the aim at last. However, you need to spend much more time and effort on all the process.
Today, I am going to tell you two methods. You can choose one according to your needs. The first one is to clone system on target hard drive and install it on your new computer. The second is to make a backup image and deploy the image to multiple computers simultaneously.
How to clone Windows 7 to new computer with AOMEI Backupper
When it comes to disk cloning software, AOMEI Backupper could be a great choice for the majority of Windows user, because this software is designed for Windows. It can support all versions (both 32 bit and 64 bit) of Windows operating system, including Windows XP, Windows 7/8/10, etc. With it, you can execute operations including Clone GPT HDD to SSD, Clone Large HDD to Smaller SSD without Reinstalling, Clone SSD to Larger SSD, etc.
Before you begin to clone Windows7 to another computer, you’d better backup your destination disk. After System Clone finish, your destination partition will be overwritten or deleted
Now, let’s see the detail steps of cloning Windows 7 to a new computer.
Step 1: Download AOMEI Backupper Professional, install and enjoy it.
Step 2: Click “Clone” and “System Clone” subsequently
Step 3: Select a partition to save your system and click “Next”
Step 4: Preview the Source Partition and Destination Partition, then click Start Clone after everything is ok.
Step 5: After you finish all the System Clone, take this hard drive out of your original computer using the screwdriver and install it on the new computer.
This operation is very easy. However, there’s some limitations. It’s a time-consuming task for the majority of people. What’s more, you are only allowed to clone Windows 7 to another computer with similar hardware configuration. Once your computer own a dissimilar hardware configuration, you are likely to boot your computer unsuccessfully. Here’s an alternative way to overcome the problem and finish it in a short time.
How to clone Windows 7 to multiple computers with System Image Deploy
Many users can easily clone Windows 7 to another computer with this software. However, if you have to clone Windows 7 to multiple computers, you may be unwilling to employ above method. Continue to see the alternative method.
Preparations for cloning Windows 7 to multiple computers
Before we start to clone Windows 7 to multiple computers, there are some things we need to prepare. Detail information you can see from below.
2. System backup image created by AOMEI Backupper and save it to NAS(Network attached storage)
3. Ensure all the client computers support network boot
Detail steps to deploy image to multiple computers
Step 1: Open you System Image Deploy and create an ISO image file, then click ”Next”
Step 2: Once AOMEI Image Deploy shows "The service has started, waiting for connect...", start all the client computers from network boot, then enter AOMEI Image Deploy recovery environment. And when the client computer connect to the server, it will show server IP and Connection status.
Step 3: Tick the checkbox before “I confirm all the client computers which need to be deployed are online” and click “Next”.
Tip: Only when you see “The service has started, waiting for connect…” from the above window, all your client computers are able to boot normally. Before you click “Next”, make sure all your client computers boot successfully.
Step 4: Click “Browse” to select the system image file you create before and set the rest of things, then tap on “Start Deploy”.
1. You can set the number of deployed computers manually, 1 at least, 33 at most. If you set it as 3, three client computers will execute the task simultaneously until the last computer.
2. There are three choices you can choose from “Settings” including “Set computer name”, “Set IP” and “Universal Restore”. Just choose according to your needs. If your system image created on the master computer whose hardware is different from your client computers, you are supposed to tick “Enable Universal Restore”
Step 5: View the restoring process of all the client computers and wait for the final result.
Other things you need to know
1. AOMEI Image Deploy support all editions (both 32 bit and 64 bit) of computers, such as Windows Vista/XP/7/8/10 and Windows Server 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2/ 2012 etc.
2. Make sure your master computer and client computers are in the same network segment in the LAN.
3. Make sure the network shared folder or NAS you save system image should be on the same network segment with the client computers’ network segment
4. Ensure the disk sequence number for installing system in client computers are same. And to avoid installing system on another disk, you’d better move out it and only keep the disk you prepare for installing system.
5. Keep only one DHCP server in the LAN, because many DHCP servers will mess up AOMEI Image Deploy client IP address distribution. It’s the built-in DHCP server setting function. If there is no DHCP server in the LAN, please tick the checkbox before “Enable DHCP”
6. If you use a server as your master computer, you can clone 20 client computers. But if you use a common computer as your master computer or upgrade to AOMEI Image Deploy Technician, you can clone unlimited client computer at the same time.
With a system image software and an image deployment tool, you can easily clone Windows 7 to multiple computers simultaneously and save much more time and effort. And you do not need to clone Windows 7 to new computer one by one. If you are still bothered by this problem, you can download and try it.