About daily backup
We all know that taking backups is crucial in case of data loss. While running Windows 10, you may update your system, applications, and files on your computer. To keep your backups up to date, you need to schedule Windows 10 backup daily. You can use Windows 10 built-in backup tool or third party free backup software to set Windows 10 backup schedule.
Schedule daily backup with built-in utility
In Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft removed the Backup and Restore tool, which many users has complained about. Finally, Windows 10 brought back the Backup and Restore (Windows 7). You can use it to schedule daily, weekly, or any other specific time to run Windows 10 automatic backup. Let’s see how it works:
1. Type “backup” into the search box and select Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
2. Click Set up backup to start.
3. Select a partition as destination to save the image backup and click Next to continue. Then select the items that you want to backup and click Next.
4. In the next screen, the will set a schedule to run the backup at 7:00 PM every Sunday by default. If that doesn’t suit you, click Change schedule.
5. Set a specific time to run the backup. It supports daily, weekly, and monthly.
6. Review your backup settings, and click Save settings and run backup. Now you can see the backup is in process.
This backup tool is quite convenient, but it does have some limitations as listed below:
- Both the destination partition to save the image backup and the source partition to be backed up must be Formatted with NTFS.
- The destination partition must have sufficient space to hole the system image backup even if you only want to backup a few megabytes (MB) files.
- You can only keep one full backup task running and the next image backup file will overwrite the last one.
Schedule daily backup with Free AOMEI Backupper
If you need something more professional and easy, here comes AOMEI Backupper Standard, free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista. AOMEI Backupper doesn’t have the limitations that Backup and Restore does. Besides, it allows you to schedule full/differential/incremental backup in Windows 10. AOMEI Backupper provides system, disk, partition, and file/folder backup.
To set Windows 10 backup daily taking system backup as an example:
1. Run AOMEI Backupper. Select System Backup under Backup tab.
2. Click Step 2 to select a location to save the backup file as the program will automatically choose the items system needed to backup. Any location detected in File Explorer that have enough space to hold the image backup is supported.
3. Go to schedule settings by clicking Schedule. Under General, set how often you want the backup to run. Under Advanced, you can determine to use full/incremental/differential backup to perform the schedule backup task, and incremental backup is set as default.
4. Click Start Backup to put the backup task in process.
That’s how a Windows 10 backup daily is done. AOMEI Backupper allows you to store many backup points as it pleases you. You just need to pick one backup point that you need to restore the whole backup.