The Importance of File or Folder Backup in Windows 10
Life is rich and colorful, and also work is diversiform, therefore, under technology age, many people use computer in life and work for entertainment and office work. Large data is stored in computer day by day, week by week, month by month or year by year. However, always virus, disasters, incorrect operations, bad disk sectors, even system breakdown are accompanying which often do damages to data. You can imagine that if one or all those situations occur, what will be the scene? Obviously, data loss is big. How to weaken loss, the best way is to do file backup in Windows 10 for your important files. After disasters happen, doing a recovery from the backup can reduce loss and save many troubles, such as reinstalling applications, system or rewriting or redoing forms.
What Files Need to Backup in Windows 10?
After you know it is essential for backup your PC files, but what files do you need to backup for data protection? Here let’s go to look. When referring file backup, maybe many users think of backing up some documents, music, pictures etc. Yes, all those need to be backed up. Here is some detailed information:
- Documents: some .xls, .doc or docx, .ppt etc. format documents. In work and life, you may write articles, draw tables for data. These office files are not allowed losing.
- Pictures: you may take pictures for some rare scenes, if loss, it will be a regret.
- Music: Maybe some users download music for much time and energy, if do that again, it will be time-consuming and troublesome.
- Applications: In addition, applications are also need to be backed up. If data loss occurs, reinstalling applications are very annoying.
You’d better do file backup of Windows 10 for all the above files, which can ensure data security farthest.
How to Backup Windows 10 Files or Folders?
The above words introduce you the importance of file backup and what file need to backup, then it is time to how to do Windows 10 file backup. You can use Windows 10 built-in backup tool - File History for file backup, but this way maybe is little complex, time-consuming and take much disk space to store image files. To back files well, an excellent third-party backup software can be useful for this task. AOMEI Backupper Standard, free, reliable and recommendable. It supports Windows 7/8/8.1/XP/Vista PCs and the very latest Windows 10. As for file backup, folder backup, system backup, disk backup and partition backup, this freeware is available. As for Window 10 file backup, AOMEI Backupper can do easily and effectively, and there is some steps to help you.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper Standard and go to its main interface to select File Backup.
2. Then you need to name for this task, add file you want to backup, and decide place (external or internal hard drives, NAS or USB, CD/DVD are all ok ) to store backup image. From the below screenshot, you can see there are two advanced settings, you can set to comment for image, encrypt, split, compress image and do automatic backup.
3. Next start to Windows 10 file backup for some time. It is very fast. After finish the process, click Finish.
In conclusion, with the assistance of AOMEI Backupper, you can effectively finish file backup for Windows 10. If you want to try, please download AOMEI Backupper Standard.