Making complete system backup on Windows 10 is a really essential way for us to protect our system files and boot files. Only both system files and boot files run on the computer, you can succeed in booting it. Before telling how to make a full system image backup on Windows 10, we start to see a situation first.
A user who has a DVD Disc with Windows 7 wants to make a complete system backup before upgrading to Windows 10. And later, continue to do a full system backup for Windows 10. But he is not sure whether the later backup will overwrite the previous one or not after he makes a backup for windows 10 due to limited space. Is it needed to burn a Disc?
To the questions, below is what I want to say.
1. If you do not have enough space to finish the entire backup for Windows 10, the operation will stop. So your worry is not a problem anymore.
2. We do not recommend you to use DVD discs to save system backup, because the DVD discs is too old. And the technology is finicky. Aside by that, you are likely to use dozens of discs at every backup.
Thus, it’s not a great choice unless you are sure that you do not have many files on your system partition. Furthermore, you still need to ensure they will work if you drag them there. Vice versa, if your USB hard drive is large enough, you can ony use one.
Therefore, whether from price or capacity, backup Windows 10 to USB hard drive could be a better choice.
Why do You Need A Third Party Tool?
To Windows 10 backup utility, there are some built-in tools you can backup. The file history was designed to back up important folders in your user folder By default, including Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, and parts of the AppData folder. At the same time,Windows 7 backup and restore still in your Windows 10 operating system. You can use it to make a full system backup, but you cannot back up to a different computer. Thus, you cannot find a preference backup tool to make a complete backup.
Do not worry about it, we will introduce an easy-to-use Windows 10 backup software AOMEI Backupper for you. In AOMEI Backupper, you can easily complete a full backup: system backup, disk backup, partition backup or file backup. And you will find some useful features you never see in Windows 10 built-in tool as follows:
1. Schedule Backup. You can make an automatic retention schedule you like. When it comes to the point you set, AOMEI Backupper will run it automatically.
2. Incremental and Differential Backup. Aside by full backup, you can make Incremental Backups or Differential Backups as well. The advantage of them is that you can only back up the changed files, newly added files rather than entire files. If you make an entire backup every time, your hard drive will step into low disk space before long.
3. Restore backup with a computer failure. In this tool, you do not need to reinstall your computer first before restoring the backups. You can enter into Windows PE to restore your backup.
4. Transfer backups to different locations, even the hard drive configuration is different. The majority of computer cannot restore a backup to a different computer owing to a different configuration for hard drive. But AOMEI Backupper can realize it with Universal Restore.
5. Backup without interrupting and restart. Sometimes, if your computer occurs one malware, when you back up, the malware is possible to stop your backup frequently. It’s really annoying. It does not matter. The VSS technology can help you solve it.
How to Make A Full Backup on Windows 10 to USB?
Recently, The WannaCry ransomware sweep across the globe. It aims to attack target Windows systems which do not upgrade to the latest version. After the virus occurs, many users get to upgrade their Windows operating system from previous Windows 7/8/8.1/XP to Windows 10 and backup the entire system on Windows 10. Then, let’s see it together.
Before starting the operation officially, you are supposed to connect your USB and make sure it can be recognized by your computer.
Step 1: Download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and launch it.
Step 2: Enter the main page and select System Backup.
Step 3: Click Step 2 and This Computer subsequently, then select the USB hard drive you plug into ahead of time.
Step 4: Click Start Backup and wait for all the operations end.
After seeing all the operations, you can clearly get that making complete system backup on Windows 10 to USB with AOMEI Backupper is extremely simple. In reality, it is a tool which is suitable for every user, especially a beginner. If you want to make a full backup without interrupting and restart, you can try it.