What Is Onedrive?
Before backup Windows 10 to OneDrive, we would better get some knowledge about Onedrive.
OneDrive is a free online storage that comes with Microsoft account and is available in Windows 8 and Windows 10 as a built-in tool. As long as you have a Microsoft account, you can get 15 GB free space and use it to store any kind of files. At the same time, you can access them from anywhere. It works like Windows, Office etc. You can use Onedrive on different platforms and do not need to worry about losing your files. OneDrive can stand alone, but you still can use Office like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote etc.
Why do You Choose Onedrive?
In the cloud storage market, you will see plenty of devices. But why we choose to backup Windows 10 to cloud drive. There are some reasons as follow.
1. Only need one Microsoft account. OneDrive comes with Microsoft account and is available in Windows 8 and Windows 10. So if you are a user of Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can see Onedrive on your computer as a built-in tool. You no longer need to download it. At the same time, as long as you have a Microsoft account, you can use it.
2. OneDrive offers a greater free capacity for users. With the increasing workload day by day, you will possess a huge amount of files or folders. Then your hard drive is going to be full. The capacity of hard drive becomes a dizzy problem. To reduce the problem of your local drive, some users may try to backup PC to cloud drive on Windows 10, such as Backup PC to Onedrive for Windows 10, Backup PC to Dropbox for Windows 10 etc. Compared with both, Onedrive will be a better choice. Because Onedrive offers 15GB free storage for every user while Dropbox supply 2GB.
3. Office 365 subscriber can get more space from OneDrive. If you run out of all the free space on Onedrive and want more space, you can buy it. Aside by that, you have another choice. As long as you are a subscriber of Office 365, you can get more space from Onedrive.
4. OneDrive can be available in more place. The capacity of cloud storage is a very useful tool, but the majority of cloud storage is available on webpage or computer. Compared with a computer, we spend much time on our telephone. Thus, we need one cloud storage can be used on the telephone. OneDrive is a cloud storage we can use on the telephone. As long as you install Onedrive application on your Windows Phone, IOS, Android, Mac OS X, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, it will be available in these devices.
How to Backup Windows 10 to Onedrive with AOMEI Backupper?
Now, it’s time to see the detail steps of backup to OneDrive for Windows 10.
Before you start to back up, you need to sign up in OneDrive if you do not have an account of it. If you already have one, you need to sign in and continue to see below.
Step 1：Download AOMEI Backupper, install and enjoy it.
Step 2: Enter the main page, click Backup and File Sync subsequently
Step 3: In this window, click Add Folder and mount the folders you want to sync, then choose Select a cloud drive
Step 4: Select OneDrive, and click OK to next step
Step 5: After above all steps finish, click Start Sync and wait for the result
1. If you want to distinguish the sync from others, you can click Sync Options to make a unique comment.
2. If you want to sync folders regularly, you can tick Schedule.
1. Backup Windows 10 to OneDrive can help you get more space on your local hard drive, you can employ it to save more files or folders. From above, you can get OneDrive is a built-in tool coming with Windows 8/10 preinstallation and you just need a Microsoft account before you use it. It’s really convenient for these people who want to more space on their local hard drive. You can create one and get OneDrive. Or you still can Backup folders to external hard drive.