About Network Attached Storage (NAS)
NAS is short for Network Attached Storage which refers to a file-level computer data storage server connecting to computer network. And the network can provide data access to many heterogeneous clients. NAS not only is thought as a file server, but also is specialized for this task because of its hardware, software, or configuration of those elements. NAS transfers data based on the standard Network protocol, providing file sharing and data backup for the Network of a variety of different operating systems, such as Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
NAS is considered as the most popular data storage destination in the network now due to its three advantages, and it owns all the major characteristics of disk array: High capacity, high efficiency, and high reliability. Because its merits, it is chosen by users for data transmission, file sharing and data backup. This is simple introduction about NAS, click this article “NAS (Network Attached Storage) - Get to Know the Basic Information” to know more.
Backup Windows 10 to NAS
After knowing some information about NAS, if you need to do system backup, you can choose NAS as backup destination which is safe and simple and can help you prevent your important data from losing and being damaged. Under technology age, some computer failures cannot be avoidable, and when you do some operation for your files, maybe you delete or damage files; or your disk owns bad sectors; or suddenly computer system cannot boot etc. So many things happen, but how to do? In Windows, the best way is to backup data to NAS. Windows 10 is the recent Windows Version, maybe many users choose to install Windows 10. How to backup Window 10 to NAS, in fact, it is easy.
How to Backup Windows 10 to NAS?
In order to protect data and ensure system boot after system crash, you’d better do a system backup for your Windows 10. How to backup Win 10 system to NAS? A third-party software, AOMEI Backupper Standard, a free backup software, can be used for disk backup, partition backup, system backup, file and folder backup which can provide good protection for your Windows data. In Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista PCs, this freeware is available for data backup. As for backing up Windows 10 to NAS, AOMEI Backupper Standard provides you a simple way.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper Standard, and under Backup table to select System Backup.
2. Then name the backup task, and in Step1, the software default is backup system reserved partition and c drive. Then decide the backup storage destination in Step2.
3. Click Step2 and in the pop-up windows choose Share/NAS.
4. Next you need to add NAS by click Add Share or NAS Device option.
5. Then name your NAS and fill the NAS path, username and password.
6. After finishing adding NAS, you can start to backup Win 10 system to NAS by click Start Backup option.
7. It is time for NAS backup progress in Windows 10. For a period of time, after this operation finish, click Finish to exit.
Do following by these steps, you can easily create backup Windows 10 to NAS under AOMEI Backupper Standard help. In fact, no matter system backup, partition or disk or file backup, it is easy to save backup image to NAS in Windows 10. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard.