Why Need to Backup Windows 10 Computer?
As a matter of fact, taking a backup is inevitable to protect your data. Simply copying your files to another location cannot be enough. If you only backup files without operating system (OS), you have to waste time reinstalling your system and applications if your system crashes. While running Windows 10 on your computer, you may not only store data on your system drive. Some applications may access your hard drive to write or change files without notifying you, so there might be some important files to your applications and system on other location of your hard drive that you do not know. Therefore, it is preferred to create a full backup of Windows 10 computer if you have enough free space. If any hardware or software disaster happens, you can restore the backup and have everything exactly the same as the time when the backup was taken.
Recommended Method to Create Image Backup of Windows 10 Computer
If you backup your hard disk using Windows 10 built-in backup tool - File History, you will get an image backup that is almost the same size as the original hard disk while still missing some files, because it cannot backup the partitions not formatted with NTFS or without drive letter. Luckily, you can try free backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, which can create a full image backup of your Windows 10 computer including EFI partition and recovery partition by using Disk Backup. It supports NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, EXT2, EXT3 and other file systems, so there is no need to worry that some of your data cannot be backed up; it provides high level compression and encryption, so there is no need to worry that your backup is too large or not secured; it equips with Universal Restore and Offline Restore, so there is no need to worry that you cannot restore your computer.
Create Windows 10 Image Backup with AOMEI Backupper
In the event of losing data in your computer, backing up computer Windows 10 becomes quite necessary. AOMEI Backupper can help you backup your computer running Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista effortlessly. Let’s see how it works:
1. Download this free backup software. Then install and launch it.
2. Click Disk Backup under Backup tab. If you only want to backup Windows 10 OS, you can select System Backup instead.
3. Click Step 1 to select the Windows 10 disk as source disk. You can also backup multiple disks at the same time.
4. Select a location to save the backup file by clicking Step 2. All the location can be detected by File Explorer including network shared folder and NAS drive.
5. Check the backup task. If no problem, click Start Backup to run the backup. You can also click Schedule to set automatic full/incremental/differential backup based on this backup.
Besides backup windows 10 computer, AOMEI Backupper also provides Clone function, which helps you migrate OS to SSD or upgrade your hard drive, File Sync, which enables you to synchronize files between two folders, and many other useful utilities.