What is Google drive and why use it?
Google Drive is an online file storage service from Google that allows you to store your important files online and access them anywhere there is an available internet connection. Besides, Google Drive also provides the free web-based applications for you to conveniently create documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more.
Google Drive is rated as one of the most popular cloud storage services among countless users in the market today. It offers 15 GB of free storage space, with which you can store or back up many types of files that are quite important for your work, study or life. Compared with backing up files to local or external hard drives, Google Drive does a great job of keeping your files online, making them stay much safer. Because if the hard drives get damaged accidentally, you will lose all the files backed up before, but if you back up files in the Google Drive, you can always access the files on other computers only with an available internet connection. That might be the leading reason why so many people use Google Drive to back up data.
How to back up files to Google Drive?
It's easy to back up files from your computer to Google Drive, you just need to upload them to the cloud drive as following steps.
(1) Enter the Google Drive main page via browsers like Google Chrome. Locate and select the New button, then click File upload or Folder upload (ex:File upload).
(2) Locate and select the file(s) you want to upload, then click Open.
(3) The file(s) will be uploaded to your Google Drive.
Note: Depending on your browser and operating system, you may be able to upload files by clicking and dragging a file from your computer into your Google Drive.
Besides backing up files to Google Drive through the browser, you can also download the Google Drive desktop app, and simply copy some files to the Google Drive sync folder.
Back up files to Google Drive with AOMEI Backupper in Windows 10/8/7
If you think the method described above is too complicated, you might be searching for a more convenient and flexible way. Good news, the AOMEI Backupper Standard will satisfy you. As a free Google Drive backup software, it allows you to backup files to Google Drive automatically with a simple setting on all Windows PC operating system. First of all, you need to download a Google Drive desk application from its official site, then launch the program and log in to your account.
Step-by-step tutorial on how to back up files to Google Drive in Windows 10.
(1) Download the free backup software. Install and launch it. Select File Backup under the Backup tab.
(2) In the next windows, you can set the Task Name to distinguish this backup from others easily later. Click Add File or Add Folder in the step 1 to select the files/folder that you wish to backup.
(3) Click Step 2 to specify the Google Drive folder as the destination location to store the backup.
(4) Click Schedule to set up an automatic backup on daily/weekly/monthly if you want to back up files to Google Drive automatically. Then, click Start Backup.
Just in a few minutes, the files could be backed up to Google Drive. Additionally, AOMEI Backupper could also back up files to OneDrive, Dropbox, Amazon Cloud Drive, etc. But if you prefer to experience more amazing features, like synchronizing files & folders in real-time, system clone, backup/restoring dynamic disk volume and more, you can try AOMEI Backupper Professional.