Backup is for Data Recovery in Windows 10
When you encounter data loss problem, you maybe say “what to do, whether the missed data can be restored”. At this time, you may think if there is a backup, this is the best thing in the world. Yes, if you meet this situation, in the previous, if you do data backup for some important files, folder or system, you can restore data from backups. In the technology age, computer failures usually occur, system crash, virus attack, bad disk sector, these disasters may do harm to computer data. Hence, backup is significant for recovery, and you had better backup data Windows 10 for data protection.
Backup Data in Windows 10 by File History
In order to ensure data safety, it is essential to backup Windows 10 data, but how to backup data? In Windows 10, it has built-in backup tool-File History. Maybe many users use it to do some easy data backup. This backup tool is similar to Apple Time Machine and can help you automatically back up your files. If you need backup, you should open File History in Control Panel.
From the screenshot, you can see that File History only can backup files which are from libraries, desktop, contacts, favorites and OneDrive. And it can realize the external drive and connect to it. Then click Turn On to Run now for file backup. Also you can do automatic file backup and system image backup. But using this tool for data backup, it is a little difficult and backup file is not compressed and will take much space. And if you want to backup data Windows 10, you must add data in libraries, favorites etc.
Backup Windows 10 Data with AOMEI Backupper Standard
In addition to using Win 10 File History to backup, you also can choose a professional software to achieve your aim due to win 10 backup tool has some limitations. AOMEI Backupper Standard, an excellent and free backup software, can be used in Windows 10, Win 8.1/8/7/XP/Vista PCs.
1. No matter file backup, folder backup, disk backup, partition backup, or system backup, this freeware can meet your needs which provides you a easy-to-operation interface and can finish backups in three steps.
2. External hard drives or internal hard drives, NAS, USB/DVD/CD are allowed to store backup image.
3. During backup, you can set for automatic backup for day by day, week by week, and month by month backup.
4. In addition to scheduled backup, you can also use this freeware to do incremental and differential backup for some new increased and modified data.
5. Besides, there is some another backup options, you can click to add comment for your backup, compress the data backup image, split image into multiple file images, encrypt for backups and enable email notification after finishing backup.
AOMEI Backupper can do many operations in data backup and recovery, disk and partition clone, bootable disc etc. which can help you solve many problems. File History or AOMEI Backupper for backup, you can choose one according to your needs. In one word, no matter which way for backup data Windows 10, this backup can be used for data recovery effectively and avoid data loss. Therefore, don’t forget to backup data!