The issue: WD Sync not working
WD Sync allows files to be synchronized across multiple computers connected to a My Cloud NAS device. Adding, deleting or modifying files in one location will lead to the same changes in the other locations. WD Sync is not a backup software, so you can’t restore files that have been deleted with WD Sync.
Nevertheless, some users find WD Sync not working sometimes. Here are two common issues:
WD Sync is unable to sync from the NAS to the client.
WD Sync displays “No Storage Devices Found” or “My Cloud Not Seen”.
How to fix WD Sync not working error? Please move on to the next part.
How to resolve WD Sync not working in Windows 10 easily?
I’ll show you how to resolve WD Sync not working in Windows 10 under the two circumstances mentioned above one by one:
Situation 1: WD Sync is unable to sync from the NAS to the client.
This issue could be caused by disabled Cloud Access. Follow the steps below to fix it:
1. Login to the My Cloud Dashboard.
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Scroll down to Cloud Access. Turn ON the Cloud Service and click “OK”.
If you have already turned on the Cloud Service but the Connection Status shows Not Connected, turn OFF and ON the Cloud Service to resolve the issue.
If you are still having trouble, try to reboot your My Cloud device and make sure the Cloud Access status shows Connected after the reboot.
Situation 2: WD Sync displays “No Storage Devices Found” or “My Cloud Not Seen”.
This issue is related to remote access and network connection failures. Several solutions are provided below:
1. A power cycle may be required to achieve full networking functionality:
Power OFF the Router, Gateway and/or Switch.
Power ON the Router, Gateway and/or Switch.
Power OFF the My Cloud.
Power ON the My Cloud.
2. My Cloud firmware update: ensure the My Cloud firmware is up to date.
3. My Cloud user email address update:
Login to the My Cloud Dashboard.
Click the Users tab and select the user.
Re-enter the email address of the user and click Update.
4. My Cloud port filtering and blocking: consult with your Network Administrator or ISP to verify that your router is not blocking incoming and outgoing traffic from non-standard ports between 9000 and 9999.
5. Anti-virus and firewall software: check your local PC Firewall, anti-virus, Malware, Internet Security and End Point Protection software to ensure ports are not blocked.
For more WD Sync not working issues, please resort to WD Support. When WD Sync is unable to sync files, you must be wondering if there is a superior software to work as WD Sync alternative. Surely there is!
Find the best freeware as WD Sync alternative
If you are looking for a WD Sync alternative, AOMEI Backupper Standard built in with backup, sync, recovery and clone features can be your best choice. And it’s totally free! Learn how to sync files from a Windows PC to a My Cloud NAS device below:
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Click “Backup” on the left pane, scroll down and select “File Sync”.
2. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder” in “Step 1” column.
3. In the pop-up window, click “Browse” to select folder which you want to synchronize.
4. Click “Step2” column and select “Share/NAS”.
5. In the Share/NAS Management window, click “Add Share or NAS device”, type the IP address of the My Cloud device and click “OK”.
6. After the NAS device has been added, all the folders under this NAS device will be listed. Choose one folder as the destination path and click “OK”.
7. Click on “Start Sync” button to perform the operation.
Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
AOMEI Backupper currently only supports one-way sync from source folder to destination folder.
For general scheduled sync task, if you delete a file in the source folder, it will not be deleted in the destination folder. To sync deletion to network drive, please upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional and use “Real-time Sync” feature.
When you encounter WD Sync not working error, you can try the solutions offered in this article to fix the error or just use AOMEI Backupper as alternative. You will benefit more from AOMEI Backupper—it offers quick workarounds to HP recovery media creation in Windows 10 and XXClone in Windows 10.