When you got a new computer, you may have a big question that how can you transfer files from old PC to your new PC? Or, have you ever put yourself in the case that you have to transfer the files from office computer to home because you have to work at home after working time. Were you ever thought if there is a way that can solve the problem?
There are many ways. For example, take a use of USB, with the help of firewire, or transfer files between different computers on same network, and so on.
How to Transfer Files from PC to PC?
Once we mentioned transferring files, we can easily figure out that use an external drive like an USB to do it. Maybe it’s a good way to use USB for the small files. However, if the files is large, the small volume USB could be helpless. Or you can use a firewire so that it can deliver data in a high way. But, if the two computers are in different places, how could you do?
While, Windows 7 and Windows 8 has a great powerful tool called Windows Easy Transfer, which can transfer files from PC to PC. Click the Start button, type Windows Easy Transfer to open the program, and do as the prompt. The steps are easy to go.
However, Windows Easy Transfer cannot transfer files from a 64-bit version of Windows to a 32-bit version of Windows. So, if you want to do that, you can move the files manually, or you can do it with the help of third party software. Considering with the price and the features, here we recommend you free backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Transfer Files from PC to PC with AOMEI Backupper
With the help of AOMEI Backupper, things could be easier than before. If you want to transfer files from old PC to a new computer, you can make a file backup, which can easily backup files and folders to an image file. You can choose to back them up to an external hard drive and restore them to another computer. If you don’t have an external hard drive, you can store it to NAS, which you can share on another computer by inputting the IP. But if you are trying to transfer files from one PC to another one so that it can be convenient for your jobs, you can use File Sync. It can backup folders by file synchronization, so you can work on different PCs but not need to update in many times.
Before you do, you need to know:
- AOMEI Backupper File Sync can only support one-way file sync, which means you can synchronize files from folder A to folder B, but cannot from folder B to folder A.
- It cannot synchronize files or folders to CD/DVD/Blue-Ray.
- It cannot synchronize single file to FAT/FAT32 whose volume is more than 4 GB, because FAT/FAT32 only supports single file volume up to 4 GB.
First, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select the File Sync under the Backup tab.
Second, choose the folder or file that you want to transfer to another PC, and choose the destination Share/NAS, type the PC IP where you transfer files. Click OK, then click Start Sync.
- You can set up more detail by clicking Sync Options, or click Schedule Off to set a automatically backup at the File Sync interface.
- The process may spend a few minutes. Wait till it reaches 100%, click Finish to accomplish the task.
- In addition, with the help of AOMEI File Sync, the files will share on different PCs, it do really make a big convenience for people who need to work after working time. And it can transfer files from PC to PC automatically or manually as you want.