I’m using BatchSync to sync files to OneDrive. It goes well so far until now I try to sync an open file but failed because it does not support to sync open files. Now, I’m trying to look for a new one to replace BatchSync. Does anyone have good recommendations? Thank you!
Cannot sync open files
File sync is a good way to keep a backup copy of your files and folders. Also, you can easily switch between different devices, share files with whomever you want and access your files whenever you want. However, you may encounter an error like sync failed because some software cannot sync the using files. If the file sync software cannot sync open files, it can hardly be called good software. In this article, I will introduce you best free files sync software which can be used to sync open files.
Best free file sync software to sync open files
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a free tool that comes with File Sync feature. It can sync and back up files which are stored in laptop, desktop or external storage device to another place like external hard drive, USB drive, cloud drive, etc. Whatever email, digital photos, MP3, etc, they can be synchronized and backed up easily. Comparing with other sync software, AOMEI File Sync has its own advantage.
1. Open file sync: with its built-in VSS technology, you can sync open files in Windows without interrupting.
2. Powerfulone-way syncfunction: it supports to synchronize all files from one folder to the other folder. You can synchronize folder A to folder B currently, but can’t do it from folder B to Folder A. The one-way sync feature can protect the source at uttermost. For example, if someone maliciously deletes or modifies the folder B, the data one the folder A will not be infected.
3. Schedule sync: scheduled sync can help you synchronize folders at the fixed time. You can set monthly, weekly and daily in schedule. When it reaches the specific time point, AOMEI File Sync will synchronize the folder automatically.
4. Network sync: AOMEI File Sync can not only synchronize folders to local disk or removable device, but also to other computers within LAN, and NAS. It is good for sharing files with others.
5. Real-time sync: You can use real-time sync feature to real-time monitor the source directory needing sync, if there is any change happens to any file or folder in the source directory, the program will sync them immediately and provide real-time backup for your data.
How to sync open files step by step?
Step 1. Download, install and open AOMEI Backupper. At its Home page, click Backup, and then roll down to File Sync.
Step 2. At Step1, click Add Folder to browse the folders you want to sync. At Step2, choose another location as the destination path.
Tips: There are two options at the lower left, and you have other demands on File Sync.
Sync Options: It contains comments and notification. You can comment on file to distinguish from others, and set up email configuration information to remind you regularly to synchronize relevant folders.
Schedule: It can set up schedule to synchronize file, and schedule contains month, week and day.