About Real-time File Synchronize
File sync is quite helpful in our daily leisure and work life. File syncing is a process of ensuring that computer files in two or more folders are updated when the criteria are met. There are one-way synchronization and two-way synchronization patterns, and the former is the most common used one. One-way sync, also called mirroring, updates files via copying them from a “source” location to one or more “target/destination” locations. Once there exists file changes in the source location and the sync program detects that, the updated files will be duplicated to the target location instantly, which is called Real-time Synchronization.
Real-time sync is frequently used in group work, of course in personal project. When modifying crucial or sensitive data, every change counts. Syncing them to external hard drive or USB flash drive or the like is a way of file backup as well. It is a good idea to sync two folders in real-time in Windows 7, 8 or 10 when you’re writing a paper.
Real-time Sync Free Software for Windows
When perform real-time synchronization, you have to start from a real time sync tool. There are many sync tools on the market, and even Windows has its own utility. Nevertheless, not all of them are equipped with real-time sync feature, say Windows SyncToy. In addition, although some programs embed this function, you need to prepare some budget for that. As a result, all of these factors bring AOMEI Backupper Standard to you.
This real time sync freeware allows you to keep two folders on different locations (local disk vs external drive, system partition vs data partition) synchronized immediately when change happens. It supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP as well as various storages like SSD, USB drive, Thumb drive, CD/DVD, network share, NAS, cloud drive desktop apps etc. Except for real-time sync, event-trigger and scheduled sync types are also available. Download this free sync software and have a try.
How to Use Real-time Sync in AOMEI Backupper?
If syncing folders on external device, please connect it to PC in advance.
1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper on your Windows. At the main console, go Backup > File Sync.
2. Click Add Folder to select the first folder as source folder. Then click the box next to “Step2”to choose target folder. You can add more than one folder as source location.
3. Now click Schedule below to configure real-time sync type.
4. Choose Real-time Sync from given options.
5. Finally, click Start Sync to save settings.
- Sync Options: this allows you to comment this sync task so that you can distinguish it from other tasks in future.
- Real-time sync does not support email notification and you have options to decide whether to keep files on target folder or not when deleting the one on source location.
As the easiest and best real time sync software, AOMEI Backupper devotes itself to make every interface simple and simplify each operating process. Many helpful features of this software could be used to solve practical issues in real life. As a backup & restore solution, you can perform Windows backup on logoff with Event-trigger pattern.
Other than Standard edition, it also provides several advanced editions for different users, such as Professional (better used to clone system), Server (designed for Windows Server users), Unlimited and Technician (mostly used in companies and enterprises). You can select one of them based on your own situation.