Why need to real time sync folders in Windows 7/10?
When you synchronize one folder to the other, all contents in the first folder (source folder) will be identically transferred to the second one (target folder). Whether you have deleted, added, or modified files in the source folder, the action will be redone in the target folder. Real time sync is just a more specific and advanced synchronization that the target folder will get synchronized instantly when a change happens.
There are many cases in our work and daily life at which we need to sync two folders in real time. When work in groups, you need two folders on different locations to synchronize every time you make a change, so that your colleagues or partners could get the change the first time. Real time sync between folders can also act as a backup. Further, sync a folder on local disk to a folder on USB drive in real time. After you complete the change, the target folder on USB drive actually is a backup, which also saves the time of backing up or transferring.
How to synchronize two folders in real time in Windows 7?
Generally, you will think about the built-in Windows SyncToy which is released by Microsoft. It is a free tool and allows you to auto sync local or network files/folders in multiple locations and devices. It is great yet cannot satisfy the real-time requirement. Besides, it fails to scheduled sync files or folders. Thus, finding a third-party real time sync tool is quite necessary.
AOMEI Backupper Professional is one of the best real time sync software that could help you perform real time synchronization between (network) folders on different disks or drives on the same computer. All contents will be synced immediately after this program monitors the change and none of them would be missed. It has a user-friendly interface and is supported by Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista. Click to have real time folder sync software free download and learn specific step of syncing.
Steps to set real-time folder sync in Windows 7
If sync folder of internal disk to the folder on external device, you need to connect the device to computer ahead of time. Then install and run AOMEI Backupper.
1. At the main interface, click Backup and then File Sync.
2. Click Add Folder to select the first folder as source folder. Then click the box next to “Step2”to choose target folder.
3. Now click Schedule to configure real time synchronize between folders.
4. Select Real-time Sync from the drop-down list.
5. Click Start Sync to save the setting and it will sync for the first time. It will auto start since next time.
- Real-time sync does not support email notification. You can decide whether to delete the destination folder when deleting the source one after choosing Real-time Sync option.
- Sync Options: this allows you to comment this sync task so that you can distinguish it from other tasks in future.
- Above tutorial could be applied to real time sync folders in Windows 10 as well.
Within several clicks, the problem sync two folders in real-time in Windows 7 has been solved. In fact, the real time folder synchronization and backup software AOMEI Backupper is capable of many other things. As you can see from the screenshots, apart from Real-time sync, you can configure Event trigger, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly synchronization. It also can assist you transfer files from SSD to HDD, meaning between different disks. Create a bootable device with the function under Utilities tab in case your laptop hard drive failure some day.