What's Real-time Backup?
Real-time backup, is also known as continuous data protection(CDP), means to backup of computer data automatically by saving a copy of every change made to that data so that you could save every version of the data essentially. Data only can be restored to the point at which the backup was done if you choose to use the traditional backups. However, with real-time backup, there are no backup schedules. When data is written to disk, it is also written to a second location you choose to save. It is almost a certainty that the real-time backup is more convenient and more accurate to backup and restore to an earlier version even if those created on the same day.
Real-time Backup Software in Windows 10/8/7/XP
We could find many named real-time backup tools in the market, let alone the most popular Clouds backup. But taking more into consideration, most of the real-time backup programs are not free. Even the Clouds have a very limited storage for basic individuals, however the budget for yearly premium plan is not cheap. As a robust and flexible backup program, AOMEI Backupper Standard provides "File Sync" feature to let you backup data and files in real-time without any cost.
The feature of real-time backup is newly added in AOMEI Backupper. Please check update in the Menu if your downloaded version doesn’t have this function. You can get all your data backed up to local hard disk, external drive and even NAS without interrupting your important work and rebooting a system. AOMEI Backupper could detect the changed files and synchronize the new added, modified or deleted files from the source to destination path automatically. It supports Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, XP and Vista. It has a intuitive and friendly user-interface with easiest execution steps.
How to Backup Your Files in Real-Time with Free AOMEI Backupper
1. Download, install and launch the freeware. Select File Sync under Backup tab.
2. When to the file sync interface, click Add Folder under Step1 and select the file according to your specific needs. Then, select the target location as your destination path. A unique heading could be edited in the Task Name at the upper.
3. After finishing selection, click Schedule in the bottom and choose Real-time Sync option. Real-time sync features will detect the changes happens to the file or folder in the source directory, sync them in time and provide a safe data protection with real-time. Once the schedule is set up, click OK.
- You can leave a comment for your current operation by clicking the Sync Options.
- There are more other options can be chosen in the Schedule. You can schedule the file sync task based on time, including syncs files daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
4. After that, Click Start Syncto perform the operation and sync your file in time.
With free AOMEI Backupper, you can achieve a real-time backup easily. However, if you want to select a network as a destination path of real-time file sync, you should upgrade to the Professional Edition. With the pro edition, you can use the event-trigger schedule to set up a more complete backup system based on user logon, user logoff, system startup and system shutdown to protect your data.