Why to backup WD My Cloud to Google Drive?
WD My Cloud is a line of personal Network-Attached Storage (NAS) devices and multi-purpose servers designed and marketed by Western Digital Corporation. With WD My Cloud, you can backup PC to NAS, as well as backup photos and videos for smartphones and tablets. The most amazing part is that it creates a common place for friends and family to share memorable photos. It, in turn, can be backed up to other places such as the cloud drives. You may need to backup WD My Cloud to Google Drive for following reasons:
Double secure your crucial photos, videos and files.
Access the shared files from Google Drive anywhere you have an Internet connection, not just within the LAN.
Then, how to realize WD My Cloud backup to Google Drive? Please read on.
Best free third-party software for WD My Cloud cloud backup
Since the MyCloud.com web app and My Cloud Home mobile app only support backup Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and Adobe Creative Cloud to My Cloud, but not the way in reverse. You will need the third-party software to help you backup WD My Cloud to Google Drive.
Here I’d like to recommend the best free backup software—AOMEI Backupper Standard to you. With the File Backup and File Sync features, you are able to backup NAS to Google Drive easily. The difference between File Backup and File Sync is that whether it will create an image file. There won’t be an image file if you use File Sync, so you can access the sync files without the restoring process.
All Windows PC operating systems like Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP are supported. Learn how to use AOMEI Backupper for WD My Cloud cloud backup from the next part.
How to backup WD My Cloud to Google Drive simply?
Once you have installed Google Drive desktop application, you can complete WD My Cloud backup to Google Drive within several steps. Follow the instructions below:
1. Download AOMEI Backupper and follow the wizard to finish installation. It will be installed in a short time.
2. Click “Backup”, scroll down and select “File Sync”.
3. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder”to choose the folders you need to sync.
4. In the pop-up window, click “Browse” > “Share/NAS” > “Add Share or NAS device”.
5. Type the NAS path of My Cloud and click “OK”. Type username and password if it prompts.
6. After My Cloud has been added, all the folders under it will be listed. Choose one folder to be synchronized and click “OK”.
Tips: To sync more than one folder, you can click “Add Folder" again.
7. Click the inverted triangle at the right edge of the “Step2” column and choose “Select a cloud drive”.
8. Select “Google Drive” cloud and click “OK”. If you cannot find Google Drive in the list, then manually navigate to the Google Drive local folder by clicking “Step 2”.
9. Confirm the source folder and the destination path. Click “Start Sync”.
>> Sync Options: you can write a comment for your sync task so that you can figure out the specific sync contents. You can also enable email notification here.
>> Schedule: you can set the sync task to run periodically. There are six modes supported: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, USB plug in and Real-time sync. You may upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional to enjoy the last three modes.
With AOMEI Backupper, you can backup WD My Cloud to Google Drive easily. You can also backup WD My Cloud to OneDrive, Dropbox with the same method. Other than the backup, restore and sync feature, it owns the clone feature. You can use AOMEI Backupper as free SSD migration tool and Samsung 970 EVO cloning software as well. Don’t hesitate to get this tool and enjoy all the wonderful features right now!