When comes to system restore, someone may first google it as system restore download, someone on the other hand, will directly type system restore in Windows start menu, then right click on system restore exe run as administrator. Microsoft has build-in tool for backup and restore. you can get them by many means, like the article i wrote befre. today, let get access in it by input system restore in start menu. before we do, we should turn on it, read the following paragragh.
By the way, Windows will create restore points automaticlly on certain situatition. The restore point will not create if you do system restore in safe mode
How to turn off or turn on system restore
Note: The following steps are for Windows XP
By turning off System Restore, system removes the restore points that track changes in Windows. Once you turn it off, you can no longer restore it to an earlier time. However, when you turn on System Restore, it creates restore points to track changes in Windows. if you turn on System Restore, you can restore Windows to available restore points show as a list.
- Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties.
- Click the System Restore tab in the dialog box.
- Select the Turn off System Restore check box. select the Turn off System Restore on all drives on your need，then OK
- Click Yes to confirm if you see this information: "You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer. Do you want to turn off System Restore?"
- Follow Turn off step 1 and 2
- Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drives on your need. Then Click OK; then wait for a while
Use AOMEI Backupper
Besides the metioned method above, you can choose an eaiser way to do restore.