What may cause system disaster?
While using computer for business or pleasure, users may encounter unexpected system disaster, which can barely be prevented or predicted, for there are many reasons behind system crash, such as, virus attack, accidental deletion of files or programs, hardware conflicts, malware, etc. system disaster usually leads to data loss, which may cause enormous troubles. Therefore, it is necessary to know how to restore image backup after disaster. You can never be too serious about protecting your data, so it is recommended to backup your system and data frequently in case of system disaster.
What you need to be able to restore after disaster?
To make thing go easy and smooth, you need third party free backup software that can restore unbootable computer. AOMEI Backupper Standard the free edition provides two different ways to restore your computer after disaster. One is via AOMEI PXE tool, the other is via bootable rescue media.
1) A copy of AOMEI Backupper installed on the computer.
2) Create a system backup or disk backup before computer is unbootable.
3) Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB disk with AOMEI Backupper. This bootable media can be created by another Windows computer. If you have built LAN, you can use AOMEI PXE Boot Tool to boot the target computer without any bootable media devices.
How to perform disaster recovery with AOMEI Backupper
With the intuitive interface, AOMEI Backupper has made things really simple and smooth. Let’s see how it works:
1. Change the boot order in BIOS. Select bootable media or Network boot (if you want to use AOMEI PXE) as the first boot device.
2. Click on “Restore” tab, and click “Path” to select the image backup file to restore. Then click “Next” to proceed. Note that when specifying the image backup file the drive letters may change in PE environment.
3. Select a backup point to restore if you have kept scheduled full/incremental/differential backup, and then click “Next”. Check the option “Restore system to other location” if you want to; leave it if otherwise.
4. In the operation summary screen, click “Start Restore” to restore Windows image backup. Then the system restore is in process. If you have resized the partition backed up after taking the backup, the program cannot recognize the original location, so you need to manual choose a location to restore to.
Then you have learned how to restore image backup after disaster with AOMEI Backupper. When the restore process is done, you can close the software and boot your computer from the restored disk. If you use the help of AOMEI OneKey Recovery, which can create a boot option at startup allowing you to press a specific key to boot into AOMEI restore environment, you can restore your computer after disaster without using any other devices.