Overview on full backup
Full backup, incremental backup and differential backup are the three basic backup types, of all the backup styles, full backup is the simplest one. Full backup, is a backup in which every object in a defined set of data objects is backed up, regardless of whether they have been modified since the last full backup. Full backup is the starting point for all the other backups and contains all the data in the folders and files that are selected to be backed up. A full backup, for example, is the basic of which incremental backups are made, in which only data that has changed since the last backup (full, incremental, or differential) is copied.
Making full backup all the time is ideal, because it is the most comprehensive and is self-contained. Full backup has its own advantages and weaknesses.
- Fastest restore;
- Only needs the last full backup set to restore.
- Needs the most storage space;
- Inefficient storage with lots of duplicates stored.
Tips: Full backup stores all files and folders, frequent full backups result in faster and simpler restore operations. When you choose other backup types, restore process may take longer.
Make full backup with AOMEI Backupper
A full backup can be a disk full backup, a partition full backup or a system full backup; there are different ways you can use to make full backup nowadays. It is well known that third-party software is the most efficient and easy way to reach the goal.
Here, I’d like to recommend the most powerful one named AOMEI Backupper, It is special designed for Windows users. You may follow the following steps to make a full backup:
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper and select “System Backup” under the “Backup” tab. You may also create a full backup of disks or partitions by selecting “Disk/Partition Backup” here.
2. You may enter a task name for your backup in the box; a special task name could help you distinguish it from others.
3. Click “Start Backup” button and wait for the process to complete.
4. Click “Finish” button to exit.
After that, the full backup will be finished; AOMEI Backuppers’ “schedule backup” feature can also help you make full backup automatically in a timely manner. Apart from the features mentioned above, the software has more functions which can help you deal with backup affairs. Moreover, it is completely free of charge.
Now, you may download the software to have a try.