About Hard Disk Drive
A hard disk drive (HDD; also named hard drive, hard disk, or disk drive) is a device for storing and retrieving digital information, primarily computer data. It was introduced by IBM in 1956, and since early 1960s, it has been the dominant equipment for secondary storage of data in general purpose computers due to its advances of increased recording capacity, reliability, fast speed as well as decreased cost. It can always keep pace with people's more and more requirements.
However, one point we still can not deny is that some breakdowns will also occur to it. Usually, hard disk drive stoppages may have the following kinds of manifestations:
- S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) fault prompt: it is the role of the built-in automatic detection function; its emergence means there are some potential physical faults, and some abnormal running will happen aperiodically or even crash in the end.
- System halted when initializing Windows: except for hard disk failure, other factors like bad quality of memory, system overheating because of fan stalling, damage of viruses, etc. will also cause this complicated situation.
- Successfully entering Windows system but some programs go wrong or disk scan cannot pass.
- Some faults or bad tracks discovered when scanning the disk.
- Disk drive suddenly can not identify at all in BIOS or even if it has been identified it still can not found by the operating system. This is the most serious stoppage.
Suppose one of the faults above happened, what the result will be? As we all know, all of our data has been stored in hard disk drive, if it had some trouble, they may be all lost forever. That will bring a great suffering to us. But if we had copied data from one memory to another mass before, we can ensure their safety totally. Thus backing up the computer should be no longer neglected by all users; what's more, it should be one of the most important tasks when working with the PC.
How to Backup Hard Disk?
Since it has been very clear to us that backing up hard drive is very significant to protect data's security, we should take some actions right now to achieve it. Of course, different people will have different methods to back up data, such as copying the files to an external disk directly or clone the disk fully to another. Actually, all of them are not the best ways because what they waste is not only the disk space but also their own time and money sometimes.
But today, you will get the best friend to help you from this article. That is the freeware – AOMEI Backupper. Using this software is a more convenient way for you to realize backing up data.
It has many magic and unmatched features, for instance, full back up partition/disk, incremental or differential backup, recover the system drive or disk, clone volume or hard drive, create bootable disc, check image, support Restart pattern, split or compress image file, and so on. In one word, it can help you to protect your data with little space, little time and many other benefits.
In addition, there are many detailed wizards; you will never worry about the operations for the step-by-step instructions can guide you to complete the whole process easily. So do you need to back up your hard drive? Do you want to avoid your data loss? Choose AOMEI Backupper, it will not let you down forever. Download!
- Keep Windows Safe with 64 Bit Backup Software
- Backup XP with AOMEI Backupper
- Methods of Backup and Recovery for Windows
- Best Backup Program to Keep Data Secure
- Free and Powerful Windows Restore Software
- Powerful Disk Image Software for Windows Server 2008
- The Best and Free Disk Imaging Software
- Backup Windows Web Server with Free Imaging Data Backup Software
- Back up Windows Server with Powerful Backup Freeware