EEE PC Restore to Factory Settings with Asus System Recovery
Disable Boot Booster
Before restore eee pc to factory settings, it is necessary to disable boot booster. Otherwise, the computer’s BIOS screen will be removed by Boot Booster when it starts up. In default, this option is enabled. So, we need to disable the option first of all.
1. Open the eee pc and continuously press F2 until it gets into the BIOS Setup Utility.
2. Turn to Boot tab, disable the Boot Booster and exit.
How to Restore EEE PC Notebook to Factory Settings with Asus Recovery System
1. Power on the notebook and continuously press F9 until you see a loading screen.
2. Choose Recovery when a window shows up warning about data loss and wait the restoration finishes.
If there are crucial data you want to keep, please make a backup of them before starting eee pc restore to factory settings.
It will restart and require you to make configurations during restoration.
Restore EEE PC to Factory Settings by AOMEI OneKey Recovery
AOMEI OneKey Recovery is a third party software aiming at operating system backup and restore. To use it to do eee pc restore to factory settings, you should have a system image created by it before. If you do not have, make one ASAP when current system is still in good condition.
1. Open AOMEI OneKey Recovery and choose “OneKey System Recovery”.
2. Choose a way to restore your system and click “Next” to continue.
Tips: If you have made an AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition before, you can select “Restore system by using the image in AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition” (taken for example for this essay); if you have saved the system backup in other location, you should choose “Restore system by selecting a system image file”; if you have both kinds of system images, just select the one you prefer.
3. In default, the current os location will be selected as recovery destination and be overwritten. Confirm it by clicking “Start Restore”.
Tips: You can also restore to other location by ticking the box lower left.
When it finishes, the machine will restart and need you to specify some settings.