Deploy Windows 8 to multiple computers
A home or a company may have more than one computer, especially a new company. You need to install the operating system on every computer so that the computers can work around. Computer users all know that installing OS and necessary applications on a bare computer will take a lot of time, let alone install OS and applications on multiple computers one by one. And for company, you may want to set up the same operating system on every computer for easy control, for example, let all computers are installed with Windows 8. Well, under this circumstance, the best way should be using a Windows 8 deployment tool to deploy the same operating system to multiple computers.
Deploy Windows 8 to multiple computers by using AOMEI Image Deploy
Speaking of the deployment tool, here we highly recommend you AOMEI Image Deploy , which is a great image deployment and network cloning software, can help you rapidly deploy system image to multiple computers or clone multiple computers over network. It supports you restoring a large number of computers that in the same segment in LAN, regardless of similar or dissimilar hardware. With AOMEI Image Deploy, you can save a lot of time and effort of deploying Widows 8 to multiple computers. And you can follow its wizard step by step to finish the deploy task.
Preparation for Windows 8 deployment
Before deploy Windows 8 with AOMEI Image Deploy, you need to prepare something so that it can runs smoothly.
● You need to select a computer running Windows operating system as the server computer, which you can use to deploy the rest computers, which also called client computers. You need to check and make sure that the server computer and client computers are on the same network segment of the same LAN.
● Then, you need to confirm that the NIC (network adapter) in all the client computers support PXE boot.
● Please start all client computers and enter into BIOS to set the network boot (PXE boot) as the first boot device.
● Make sure that the sequence number of the destination disks for image deployment is the same. You can also remove all other disks on client computer so that there is only one disk for image deployment.
● Confirm that the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) in the server computer system is complete. Otherwise, you need to download Windows AIK/ADK. Besides, if your server computer is running Windows OS which is previous version of Windows 7 also need to download it.
● Finally, create a full Windows 8 system image backup or Windows 8 disk image backup on the machine which contains the OS, applications, settings and data you need with AOMEI Backupper. Save the image file to the NAS or network share folder which is on the same network segment of the same LAN as the server computer.
Image Windows 8 to multiple computers with the best Windows 8 deployment tool
After all preparations, you can use the best Windows 8 deployment tool AOMEI Image Deploy to deploy Windows 8 to multiple computers in the same time.
Step1.Install and launch AOMEI Image Deploy. And you can specify an AOMEI bootable Windows PE ISO so that the client computers which need to be restored/deployed can boot from the Windows PE.
If the WinPE cannot start up the client computers, you need to click “Create bootable WinPE ISO manually” which allows you to add custom drivers into WinPE.
Notes:to deploy image over network, ther must be a DHCP server in your LAN. Tick the checkbox before Enable DHCP.
Step2. Once it shows “The service has stated, waiting for connect...”, start all client computers. The computers will boot into AOMEI Image Deploy recovery environment and each computer will display booting progress shown as the following screen shot:
Meanwhile, the booting progress of each client computer will display on AOMEI Image Deploy. Once the client computer has successfully connected to AOMEI Image Deploy, it will show “Client computers connected”, each computer defined via its own IP address. When all client computer connected to it, click the checkbox before “I confirmed...”, then, click Next.
Step3.Select the image you want to deploy by opening Browse, and select the client computers which need to be deployed from the list, then, specify on which destination disk on the client computer you will restore/deploy backup image.
1. You need to find the image you stored on the NAS or network share folder. Enter the path to gain that.
2. Tick the checkbox before the client computers to select which to deploy.
3. Input the destination disk number.
4. Choose how many computers you would like to deploy at a same time.
5. You can also click “Settings” to set up computer name, IP, etc. AOMEI Image Deploy enables you deploy images no matter the hardware on client computers are same or different from the computer on which you create the image.
After all settings, you can click Start Deploy to launch the whole progress. AOMEI Image Deploy supports you restart PC or shut down PC after deploying.