What is Windows Migration?
Windows migration also named system migration, which means that the installed program, settings, and configured information will be transferred from one directory to another safe location. Speaking of migration, there are different types, data migration, application migration, system migration, cloud migration, and so on. In most cases, migration will give you a better performance of your computer.
Situations to Migrate Windows
Why do you need to migration your Windows operating system to another location? Here are the reasons:
- Move your system to larger hard drive (HDD) or SSD to get more free space to fix low disk space on C drive issue.
- Transfer your Windows OS to a new hard drive to upgrade the hard drive that is going to broken.
- Migrate Windows to get a better performance than ever, like boot your computer shorter, get a faster writing and reading speed, etc.
Although Windows 10 has been released quite a while, Windows 7 is still the mainstream of the personal user Windows operating system. In this article we will show you how to migrate Windows 7 to another destination, like USB flash drive, external hard drive, NAS device, cloud drive, or network share, etc. By the way, Windows offers a command line utility named User State Migration Tool (USMT) to transfer files and setting between computers in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7.
The Best Windows 7 Migration Tool
Obviously, you could not migrate Windows 7 to HDD/SSD without any migration tool. There are so many migration tools in the commercial market, which has different emphases. Therefore, you’d better to use the best Windows migration tool in Windows 7-AOMEI Backupper Professional, which is comprehensive data migration software in Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. In addition to migrate function, you can also backup and restore system, partition or entire hard drive freely. In order to migrate Windows 7 to another ideal locate path, it offers you the special function named System Clone.
How to Migrate Windows 7 Safely for You?
Below text is about how to migrate Windows 7 to SSD/HDD drive safely, follow me to view the instructions:
1. Do Windows 7 migration tool download, then launch it after installing.
2. To migrate Windows 7 to SSD/HDD, please choose Clone->System Clone on the home interface.
3. Then select SSD or HDD as the destination disk to save the Windows 7 from original hard drive. Click Next.
Tips: The SSD/HDD drive will be overwritten after the operation, please backup the data on SSD/HDD drive first.
4. Preview the result of the Windows 7 migration, click Start Clone to migrate Windows 7.
- If your destination disk is larger than original hard drive, you can tick Sector by sector cloneto clone all the sectors on the original hard drive.
- Check the option Align partition to optimize for SSD if your target disk is a SSD drive.
Then, you’ll find it’s the easiest way to migrate Windows 7 OS to another location with the best Windows 7 migration tool-AOMEI Backupper Professional. And you have to know, all the above steps also applies to Windows 8/10/XP/Vista. Moreover, you can backup Windows 7/8/10 to external hard drive, then restore it to another hard drive to migrate Windows 7/8/10. And it provides the service to sync files to backup or share data, create bootable media, merge backup images, as well as restore to dissimilar hardware, etc.