PC running slower and slower
You may find a big problem that your computer running slower and slower with the time goes by. Actually, no matter desktop or laptop, you may face this problem one day. Because there are so many reasons can slow down your computer’s running speed. For example, if the system drive is running out of space, it may slow down the computer’s running speed. Besides, the hard drive is too old, or a virus attack, etc, all may slow down the computer’s running speed? But what should you do when it running slower and slower?
How to optimize the performance of your PC?
You can solve the problem according to the specific situations. If it is because of the system drive is too small, you can enlarge your system hard drive with other drives, or you can add another hard drive to get more storage space. Since SSD (solid state drive) has a better properties than HDD (hard disk drive), you can also upgrade PC with solid state drive for optimizing the performance of your PC if you do not want to change a new computer. But how to upgrade PC with solid state drive? If you do not know, then you are fortune to read this article. Because here provides you the best way to upgrade desktop with SSD, and also, upgrade laptop with SSD.
Upgrade your PC with solid state drive
Here we highly recommend you a software AOMEI Backupper Professional, which can help you upgrade your PC with solid state drive and boot from it successfully. No matter desktop upgrade, or laptop upgrade, you can use its Disk Clone feature to clone old hard drive to SSD and boot from the SSD directly. Here are the detailed steps for how to clone HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper.
Step1.To upgrade PC with solid state drive, first you should connect the SSD to your PC, make sure it can be detected by your PC. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Then, it will show you its main interface, click Clone, and select Disk Clone.
Step2. Then, select your old hard drive as the source disk.
Step3.Select the SSD you connect to the PC before as the destination disk.
Step4.After choosing the source and destination party, you will move to the Operation Summary page where you can confirm the whole task. If there it no problem, you can clickStart Clone, and it will be executed immediately.
Before clicking Start Clone, here you can do more for upgrade PC with solid state drive:
- Edit partition on the destination disk: this function can help you edit the partitions on the destination disk, so that the SSD can be the best status after cloning.
- Sector by sector clone:this function will clone every byte on the old hard drive no matter it used or not, and it will cost more time and occupy more space on the destination disk, which is not recommended.
- Align partition to optimize for SSD: this function will do a 4K alignment for your SSD automatically, so that it will optimize the performance of the SSD, which is highly recommended if the destination disk is SSD.
After cloning HDD to SSD, you can boot your PC from the cloned SSD directly by entering BIOS. Thus, you have already finished the task upgrade PC with solid state drive without reinstalling Windows. Besides Clone, AOMEI Backupper has many other powerful features, for example, you can also use its Universal Restore function to upgrade desktop/laptop with SSD for it allows you to do dissimilar hardware restore.
- You can also download AOMEI Backupper Standard from the official website to upgrade PC with solid state drive in free;
- AOMEI Backupper Professional and AOMEI Backupper Standard is designed for Windows PC users including Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP;
- If you are Windows Server users, the AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable for you.